semi- auto shotguns

well ratty i have had 2 berettas a 303 anda al391, i liked them both they did what was expected of them the 303 was the best handling gun but is showing its age now the 391 was good too able to cycle most loads from 24 gram up to 42 and up ,at the moment i have a 1979 remington 1100 in good condiditon the only prob with this it has a skeet barrel on it so any shots have to be taken quite quick or the pattern is as wide as smiler blairs mouth :diablo: ,as for bennelli i have only shot one think it was a super 90 ,they were nice guns at a cheaper price worth a look hope this helps mate everyone will be different rob :good:

I have used various semi autos over the years,mostly Berreta,i have a nice 303 at the moment which fits me like a glove.It's a pity you didn't live closer i could've sold you a nice Fabarm with various chokes and barrel lengtheners to suit all occasions. :hunter:

Guest baldie

dont buy a recoil operated auto such as benelli, franchi etc, i,ve had one of both, and neither would cycle light loads [for clays etc] damned unreliable. Berretta is the one, i,ve had a 301 which was very good, and now have an al391 urica, and its the best gun i,ve ever owned, well over a 1000 shells, not one jam, or failed to cycle, with any load, gas operated is the way to go, never mind what the manufacturers say, recoil operated auto,s JAM! :hunter:

go the benelli mate i give my one shit all year drop it in mud throw it on the back of quads never once has it jammed or failed to fire, had a rem 11/87 before this one and although they are not as reliable and need reg cleaning are still great semi's. my mate wore his browning gold hunter out after two seasons and now has a benelli with no problems. our professional deer cullers only use the benelli nowadays on goats, chamios and deer out of choppers with a m16 for the longershots, and these guys go through alot of ammo each year. :hunter:

Guest Corkonian

I have a Beretta Teknys - very nice gun - picked it up in the local gun shop first and thought it was perfect for me.

Haven't had a single problem with it yet.

i had a browning gold 3" for about 6 years good gun but last season i bought a winchester super x2 3half mag real nice gun and i use it for everything ducks fox geese pigeon u name it and it does the biz.

and at about £550.00 brand new u cant go wrong and that is in real tree, free trigger lock and slip thrown in. n/wales shooting school i got it .

spins foxes well :yahoo:

dogrun