hi all, i have recently(last week) got permission fot the football pitch next to my permission. :thumbs:

i have been asked to control the rabbits by whatever means i deem suitable. anything apart from firearms (airrifle and shotgun are ok as long as i put signs up on entrances.

well last night i set some fence snares on the chainlink fence between the pitch and my existing permish and this morning when i checked them a bunny had pulled one of the snares along the fenceline a bit while still attached to the fence (between the links on the fence) and had stopped when it got to a concrete post holding it up.

Has anyone had any experience of snaring on chainlink and if so what how do you do it?

pics would be much appreciated.

atb Jake.

hi mate just look for gaps under it that are well worn and look at runs running to it and place snares there taking into consideration were the rabbits head is goin to be when getting under fence also set in runs etc leading to gaps but please make sure there are no dog walkers etc as they will either pick them up and bin them or take them and make some story about there dog getting caught etc and you wont have a leg to stand on mate , i have some permission and it near public and have snared it a couple of times with great sucess but you cant leave them about long cos of ppl so i just work round them by putting out 2 hrs before dark and picking them up 2 hrs after dark also make sure there no houses near as i bet my bottom dollar cats will use same gaps in fences if big enough let us know how u get on mate or giv me a pm if you want

happy xmas

kev

• 4 weeks later...

hi all, i have recently(last week) got permission fot the football pitch next to my permission. :thumbs:

i have been asked to control the rabbits by whatever means i deem suitable. anything apart from firearms (airrifle and shotgun are ok as long as i put signs up on entrances.

well last night i set some fence snares on the chainlink fence between the pitch and my existing permish and this morning when i checked them a bunny had pulled one of the snares along the fenceline a bit while still attached to the fence (between the links on the fence) and had stopped when it got to a concrete post holding it up.

Has anyone had any experience of snaring on chainlink and if so what how do you do it?

pics would be much appreciated.

atb Jake.

Hi I tend to not snare on the fence as more often than not on pig netting you snare will be knackered the rabbet will jump round and round till the snare is tightened right up and more often than not are unusable after that . I tend to set them up on the runs if you look in the run they is a high spot where it hops some times you can see the pad where its front legs land I set them 3 fingers after the pad I have had some very good bags. I some time run letter box trap and have had so very good results with them.

Hi I tend to not snare on the fence as more often than not on pig netting you snare will be knackered the rabbet will jump round and round till the snare is tightened right up and more often than not are unusable after that . I tend to set them up on the runs if you look in the run they is a high spot where it hops some times you can see the pad where its front legs land I set them 3 fingers after the pad I have had some very good bags. I some time run letter box trap and have had so very good results with them.

learn to snare before giving advice theres nothing wrong with snaring pig mesh or any other fence line kinks occur on peg wires as well as for the 3 finger tip crack on boy thumbs.gif

• 3 weeks later...

snared all sorts of things in my time and trapped allsorts , snareing on the fence is ideal on link mesh asthey have to go through it ,,and soon get nailed had alot of rabbits on the railways localy as thye are rabbit mesh with hoiles that are well used ideal pmlace for abit sport,the good thing i like about snares traps lobster traps you dont have to feewd them train them and well thye work 24 hrs for you if set right all the best to snaring trapping ,we started out as bhoys snaring hares rabits great at the time ,walking through village with two hares like kings lol

"walking through village with two hares like kings lol " i still do that lol. if i get a few bunnies or pheasants (back when they were in season) i would walk the long way to "show off" my dinner for the next few days to the local Tree Huggers etc.