found this on the net

The most humane way of hunting for rabbit is with a high powered air rifle. A shotgun should ideally not be used as the shot pellets can ruin the meat, and the noise of the first shot will scare the rest of the rabbit population back into their burrows. With an air rifle, a rabbit can be dispatched almost silently with an accurate shot "just behind the shoulder bringing instant death." :icon_eek: The hunter can then continue to pick off more rabbits from his or her upwind hiding place. i found this on a web site on self sufficiency now we have wanna be "hugh fernely whitting whatsits" out there shooting rabbits in the bloody back :thumbdown: were do these people get there info from

I suppose if you are a super accurate marksman and can shatter the spinal column above the shoulder, then it would kill the bunny.

But you would have to have exceptional skill to hit it so that the heart and lungs stopped working instantly.

Otherwise you would just turn said bunny into one that needs constant care and attention as well as a wheelchaire to get around the warrens :icon_eek:

Some people just aint got the sense they were born with. They should have been put down at birth and also the parents, to prevent another accident of nature being bread ;)

Phantom

its just sad that there is so much miss-information out there regarding hunting :wallbash:

I thoroughly agree with you on that buddy.

But if there wasn't then the do good bunnie hugging hippies wouldn't have as much to whinge about would they.

I heard that there was a party of them causing a disturbance last night.

The police arrived and arrested the two singers for having it away with a bunny :icon_eek:

They were singing simply red songs :sick:

The first one was charged with "Holding back the ears" and the other was caught singing "Bunnies too tight to mention" :whistling:

Phantom

That rabbit in a wheelchair is a joke lol

And as for that infomation on shooting rabbits in the heart and lungs thats a joke to lol If you only hit the lungs it wont be an instant death and then bugs will run off to die somewhere (not too far but out of sight most probably)

Atb zak

And as for that infomation on shooting rabbits in the heart and lungs thats a joke to lol If you only hit the lungs it wont be an instant death and then bugs will run off to die somewhere (not too far but out of sight most probably)

Atb zak

Hmmm.......

Have I missed something :icon_redface:

No one mentioned shooting at the heart and lungs did they? :hmm:

But Zak, take a look at this, I remember it being on the telly (news at 10 or something)

Phantom

Atb zak

Hmmm.......

Have I missed something :icon_redface:

No one mentioned shooting at the heart and lungs did they? :hmm:

But Zak, take a look at this, I remember it being on the telly (news at 10 or something)

Phantom

even better :clapper::toast::hunter: