Sign in to follow this  
ziggy1

BEST WAY TO COOK PARTRIDGE

in the oven :11: :11:

my mrs roasts them in the oven with water in the pan in the water is cruched garlic herbs etc the bird is mainly cooked upside down so the breast is in the water and then the last 10 mins turned over so the skin browns we have found this wat the breasts are not dry

in the oven :11: :11:

my mrs roasts them in the oven with water in the pan in the water is cruched garlic herbs etc the bird is mainly cooked upside down so the breast is in the water and then the last 10 mins turned over so the skin browns we have found this wat the breasts are not dry

suppose you could do the same with pheasant

to stop it being dry :unsure:

Guest MOLLY

I either cook mine in a slow cooker with gravy, or in the oven, completely wrapped in tin foil with a nob of butter. Both ways prevent any drying out.

MOLL.

Tend to get quite a good supply of partridge throughout season, must admitt by half way through season we end up breasting them, rather than worry about plucking them all!! bit lazy i know but the ferrets enjoy the rest of the carcass :D Anyway with breasted partridge, we have started stuffing them under the loose flap of breast meat (goujons apparently) with a bit of sage and onion ready mix stuff; then wrapping them in streaky bacon, in the oven with any other seasoning you want Plus bit of sloe gin or the like! along with some oil, cover tin with foil and cook on med heat.

Best Served with Dauphinois potatoes - sliced spud smothered in double cream and as much garlic as you like then roasted in fairly hot oven -- Heavenly. :yes: