New lab pup

MOO

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The lad that bred her is a lad I keepered with a long time ago he wanted £450 but I told him I dont pay for dogs or sell dogs ...and once I explained why I think that dogs and money dont mix and if y

moo your principles are a lot of shite. you must have a brass neck going up to someone and wanting a pup for nothing then telling him you dont want to see the pedigree either. any decent man would hav

Posted Images

yes i do think good pedigree pups should be sold for money and other pups that are not pedigree but have came from good stock and sire and dam have proved themselvs. think about the men and women who have put all there work in to there gundogs and made in to a feild trial champion. do they not deserve to make some money back or do you just want them to breed there champion dog and give all the pups away for nothing. all that training and hard graft through the years with the dog then bringing up the pups hes bred to make big healthy pups to just give away for nothing, even the chance of starting his own line of dogs. put it this way moo they good pedigrees go for something, its in the dogs when you get them so its just about what you do with it in the end up. ave seen dogs in my kennels, some with not so good pedigrees and some from the top lines in britain and the ones from the top lines are still in the kennel the now and the other ones just didnt cut it. am not realy in to breeding dogs but when my dog proves itself i will proberly breed her but that will not be to another 3 years and thats if she does prove good enough to breed from. the thing i dont agree with is breeding a bitch everytime it breaks down you dont get good healthy pups and your not giving the bitch a chance to recover and people who sell pups for funny money

atb mate

Edited by poacherman

That still doesnt justify why you think my principles are shite ....I have no problem with folk that put alot of work into there dogs that sell pups infact I admire these folk that have got there dogs to such high standard and can make a business out of produceing top class pups ....but the vast majority of all dogs in general are being br£d for br££dings sake .

The lad in question that I got the pup from will be payed back in venison and if the lad needs anything and I can do it he knows he only has to ask .....he has spoken about getting a lurcher and when the time comes I would have enough contacts to get him something from very very good breeding and it wont cost him a penny ...thats very good priciples I think

No probs.....and I still stand by that if dogs were bred without money being involvedand to another exetent the Kennel Club there would be a better all round quality of dog around today ...

ATB with your dogs

M

• 6 months later...

Thats is Star around the year old mark ....she is comeing on nicely looseing her pupyness more every week and knows what her job is now ....she is a bit hot and cold when it comes to picking game but that will come and to tell you the truth I have not put as much time as I should of into her but that will come and I know she will be bang on at the end of this season ....out on the foreshore with her tomoro morning and the beating starts next week .

post-23537-054144900 1285680968_thumb.jpg

We were out to the foreshore with Star on Wednesday and she picked 2 widgeon just perfect, and did a nice retreive from the creek with tide running fairly hard.

You could see she had sussed the criac after that, different dog.

She is a nice compact animal....I like her.

how old was she when you started shooting over her?

alrite mate i started shootin over her when she was 7 or 8 month because she broke her leg.

but i tell u what she picks everythin no bother now and is very good at flushing game.

shes clever

oh nice dogs everyone some crackers there.

cheers sean