same as it is for any other quarry

as long as the pellet stays within the boundary of "your" property its fine.

there is a law about being 50ft from a highway. but this relates to injuring users of said highway.....but it is a grey area, so i would advise shooting away from any highway or footpath if applicable.

atb

sean

To cut a long story short ,next door neighbours are dirty cows rubbish everywhere .Within the last day or two we have seen a few rats wondering into our garden.My father sat in the bedroom window today with the gun ready but a neighbour behind tryed to photograph him with the gun out of the window .The public road is about 40 feet away from house.

Then get the council round to the next door neighbours and explain what your doing to the person with the camera...and although not illegal, don't shoot out of an upstairs window because if the pellet hits a rock or paving stone it will leave your boundary thus being illegal, plus it looks VERY dodgy.

if its a council house check your tenancy agreement you'll find she will be in breech of it for letting her garden get in a state .... but be careful if you live in a council house discharging a firearm (air rifle) in a public place i know its your garden but (if your council) then your garden and the fence enclosing your garden technically belongs to the council you may also be in breech of your tenancy agreement also if while you shoot the rats you hit the fence that can (if they wanted to be picky) be classed as breech of the agreement because you have caused damage to council property... see where im going with this mate just be very careful in how you deal with it cause if your neighbour complained about you you could be on a sticky wicket as well ...if i was you ring the council tell them you have rats in your garden when the tech arrives he should pass his findings (your neighbours) garden and report this to the housing dept... and also deal with the rats ...

atb gary

Its not a council house mate its private.And after a hour waiting today my father shot 3 blighters :victory:

look mate i will come over for a small fee and sort it out with my butty if you like as long as i can bring my 12 pump action and while im there clear your kennels for you lol