Lithium lamp batteries???

Does anyone own one of these? If so are they worth the money and what is the cheapest anyone can get one for lightforce striker?

Hi mate,i bought mine from the shop advertised on this site (North East Fieldsports) great to deal with got it cheap £125 about 8 months ago i think ,its still too early to say wheather they are worth the cash as no one seems to know how long they will last before they reach the end of thier serviceable life ,on the other hand once you have tried one you will be impressed by how light they are and how long they will power your lamp i use mine with my liteforce variable and it lasts the nite without any problems still as bright at the end as at the start ,if you do manage to drain it though they tell me it does not get dimmer it just cuts off completely so it might be an idea to have some sort of back up to start with but i have never required anything else hope this helps....

Edited by Night Hunter

Does anyone own one of these? If so are they worth the money and what is the cheapest anyone can get one for lightforce striker?

No not at all mate, lithium batteries are over rated. They do not last that much longer than a standard battery, they are a big money making con, so the only advantage they have is the leightweight.

Luke.

No not at all mate, lithium batteries are over rated. They do not last that much longer than a standard battery, they are a big money making con, so the only advantage they have is the leightweight.

Luke.

Well ive got one and i love it, use it with my blitz 240 Variable power, ive never ran it out whilst out shooting but always carry a small back-up light. As said they do tend to power off very quickley when running out.

its light - mine just pops into my Barbour pocket and you dont feel the weight of it at all, charges quicker than standard acid.

A friends got a deben max and his battery is the same power but weighs so much less.

Lithium - Ion Battery pack

Professional lithium Ion 12V 10Ah Power Pack

Lightweight - easy to carry. (1/3 weight of sealed lead acid)

High performance

Flat discharge curve - power stays constant for longer

Recharges in half the time of sealed lead acid - no memory effect

Suitable for may uses in addition to high power 12V lighting

Price: £113.00 ( £129.95 Inc. Vat)

IF you will be using it often i would say that its worth it, if you dont than £100+ for a battery might not be worth it. But if your trudging around fields for 3hrs on a windy wet night... the lighter the better :thumbs:

IMO these are a step forward in lamp technology, i would never go to acid cell, i got mine from http://opticswarehouse.co.uk/search.asp

Delivered in 24hrs, great service

Hope this helps

Sam

I've seen them for sale both online and over in shops here. I'm not convinced yet, I tried earlier this year to find out exactly how long they last if you run your lamp continiously for the duration you're out, as that's how I lamp usually. People say they last "all night", but what's that? An hour is all night for some, others need a few hours if you're out after that problem fox or whatever. I understand and like the weight saving side of them, can only be a good thing. But, I'd like to see a new 10amp Lithium battery and a new 10amp Lead Acid battery on the same bulb lamps, say either 50W or 75W bulb, see what the story is exactly. Charging time isn't an issue because even my 18amp lead acid batteries will be charged by the next night. I reckon a 20amp Lithium battery would fly off the shelves, I think a lot of people are put off exactly by the 10amp rating coupled with the high price.

I think if what's said about these batteries has merit, then a straight up direct test would be of great benefit for the sales figues. If the makers or sellers aren't willing to do something like that, that makes me wonder, and I don't like to be wondering whilst parting with hard earned money.

Not having a go at anyone at all with the above, just my thoughts on what I've read, been told and seen.

Yours skeptically :icon_redface:

JG :)

I have one, i use it with a striker, i can't fault it, it has never run flat any time i have been out with it, i wear mines on a belt, it is great for walking about with, especially going over fences, once you have tried one you will never use a lead acid battery again, do youself a favour and get one they are the dogs bollocks

They far outperform a 10AH Lead Acid. There is absolutely no question. They just seem to keep on going and going and the best thing is there is absolutely no degredation. You are right you would need to sit down with a stop watch to work out the precise figures but I would estimate they are somewhere between 1.5 x and twice as long lasting depending on where you view the lead acid as having 'run out'. They really are the business.

The best battery I ever had was from an emergency light fitting. 6AH x 12v. It was free as I work in the trade which is always good. It weighs in at around 2.5 kg so not a real killer. It charged in 4/5 hours and lasted 3/4 hours on the lamp.

£130 for a battery imo is mad. If you wanted to compare the two take yourself down to your local electrical supplier and get a battery off him brand new for about £15. :clapper: