Show us your OEG Oxfords

WELL FELLA ,

NOT A BAD DARK GREY FROM THE PHOTO AT LEAST HE HAS A DECENT STATION NOT LIKE MOST YOU SEE ESPECIALLY AT THE SOUTH COUNTRY SHOWS ...... LOOKS LIKE YOU HAVE HIM IN A SLANT SIDED ARK ? .. THE WORST THING TO KEEP GAMEFOWL IN ..IMO.

THE STAGS ARE BOTH DUN BRED BY THE LOOKS , THE PYLE HASNT THE BLOOD WING ENDS , THE DUN AS YOU STATED LOOKS DUN BRED CROW WING IN THE PHOTO AND GYPSY FACED , AS I SAID BEFORE IN BREEDING DUN YOU ROUGHLY GET A CHICK % SPLIT OF 1/4 PYLE , 1/4 CROW WING AND 1/2 DUN THESE WILL BE PROBABLY GOING BACK TO OLD ERNIE GARDOMS DUNS ... GOD REST HIS SOUL

TO BE HONEST IF YOU ARE THINKING OF BREEDING OFF THESE YOU WILL HAVE TO BE CAREFUL AS WITH LATE BRED STOCK YOU WILL LOOSE SIZE AND OF COURSE BY BREEDING FROM PULLETS

GET SOME BARK CHIPPINGS IN THE BOTTOM OF THE PENS OR LEAVES / PINE NEEDLES IT WILL DRY UP THE MUD THIS TIME OF THE YEAR AND KEEP THE PEN FRESH BY DIGGING OVER AND ADDING GARDENERS LIME

HOPE THIS INFO HELPS YOU KID

OH , ONE MORE THING AND THE BEST BIT OF INFO I CAN GIVE ANY GREENHORN WANNABEE GAMEFOWL MAN......... DONT HAVE ANYONE AT YOUR PLACE OR GIVE INFO OUT OR YOU WILL HAVE THEM STOLEN ..... MOST LIKELY BY TRAVELLERS ..... SORRY IF THAT HURTS ANYONES FEELINGS BUT ITS THE TRUTH

ALL THE BEST

DUCKWING

Duckwing,

Yes in the photo the Grey cock is in a slanted sided ark but I have a rotation system so every two days I move them around, so they all have a chance to strech their wings in the big pen (excuse to pun). I'm in the middle of building some cock boxes, won't put the stags in them just yet I read somewhere that tethering young birds can damage developing legs so it will be just for the grey for the time being.

As for breeding I've not got a clue what I'm going to do, I'm not going to breed for the sake of it theres to much crap out there as it is. I've become friends with the chap I got the OEG off he's sort of become my mentor, anything I do breed will be vetted by him if they don't make the grade they'll get culled.

The Dunn's I've got are from Ernie Gardom lines, my mates family have been keeping them for 3 generations (he's in his mid 40's so they go back a while), the Grey's I've got can be traced back to Charlie Fice lines which came to my mate from a chap call Ralph White after his death.

Your not the only person to warn me about travellers we've got loads down with us, there's some big camps about. I've kept it very quite no more than 5 people know I'm keeping Oxfords.

I take it you keep them then.

ATB

young1982

They are very handsome birds. What are they used for? Are they exhibition birds for breeding as a hobby or can they be used for eggs or meat?

I saw fancy birds being shown at an agricultural show this year and couldn't believe how magnificent they were.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

good clean looking birds.atb :thumbs::thumbs::toast:

Cheers fella

am a traverler and been in the game for years not all a thefts i dont keep this kind of breed but in my eyes theres not anuff people in the chicken world so we should all stick together if you have a bad name you dont get invited to peoples place simple keep shamos and aseels