Got my new birthday toy today

Hi all,

Here are a few photos of my new toy that i got for my 37th birthday.

I picked it up at 1700 hrs today from the gun shop. Arrived from Deben this morning so i was informed.

Its a .177 calibre FX Verminator. I chronoed it at home with 10.6 grain Bisley Magnums and its sitting between 11.8 and 11.9, more the 11.9 though.

I think when its had some more pellets through it and its settled down it will be sweetly ticking over at 11.9.

I fitted my SAK silencer and boy is this rifle quiet and pointable.

Im going to zero it tomorrow when its light and hopefully introduce it to my permission and a few corvids :whistling:

It comes with the 3 way power changer which gives me 11.9FP 9FP and 7FP, so its ideal for close range ratting :boogie:

I also purchased a Nikko Stirling 4-16x44 AO mil dot scope with medium Hawk mounts.

Ill give you more of a update tomorrow of what it shoots like accuracy wise.

Zini.

post-2627-125926842156_thumb.jpg

post-2627-125926853576_thumb.jpg

Yes i can imagine that they are not everyones cup of tea Ferretville as they look a lot like something out of Star Wars etc.

Ive owned GunPower Stealths and Storms in the past and love the black synthetic looking guns.

I just hope that my new stable mate to my R10 is as good as they were.

Zini

hope you like it you lucky :censored: because i handled one of these at a local gun shop before and because most of the weight is at the back its really pointable and when i say heavy the one i picket up had a whopping great set of scopes on it a silencer and bipod and that thing could have give the hw 100 a run for its money, but that looks rather like a carbine with a barrel that short. anyway tell me how you get on with it.

Richard

P.S happy birthday and its going to take something special to beat that at your 40th.

Cheers RaiderBoy,

I hope that the gun shoots tomorrow as good as the write ups say they do.

I got a guarantee card come with the gun from FX stating the following:

These virtually recoilless rifles can easily place their

shots inside a 20mm circle at 50 metres range. On several occasions, I have personally taken over 100

rabbits in a single night.

If it does that then im well happy and should hammer plenty of vermin with it this winter. 20mm is 5mm under a inch, and at 50 metres :o

Zini

Edited by zini

Hi Chris.

Ive just been out and zeroed the Vermi.

WOW 8) wait till you see the footage that i shot with it today in the zero range mate.

Ill put it up on the forum later today when i get home from work mate and have taken it off my camera.

The rifle is just amazing Chris.

The group that i have filmed today using it is the best group that i have ever shot with a .177 rifle.

Im not blowing my own trumpet mate but i dont think that a better group could have been shot. We are talking 30 metres 1 hole groups. Well 3 or 4 shots in .177 calibre at 30 metres making a .22 pellet size hole.

Si :whistling:

Edited by zini