CO CHiSE's recent thread inspired me to get the shotgun out, for the first time this year, and have a walk round some permission with a mate. i took my bushing terrier and he did a cracking job, it wasnt til later i realised he'd never been around shotguns before!

i really enjoyed it and will have to have another go soon!

post-10910-12589086428_thumb.jpg

CO CHISE - it was a great idea, I've barely used the guns since I got the dogs and I'd forgotten how much fun it is!

Jack - hes a rescue of unknown breeding and for a while i thought i'd made a mistake getting him. I think he's borderxlakey with something else in there somewhere. He'd never been off lead or out of town when we got him in february at 7 months. Didnt know his name and had never even seen a stream! He now bushes ok, gets on with the lurchers, retrieves (most of the time)even from water and seems to be able to flush to the gun! I have to say though that he has regularly drives me to the point of despair but always manages to redeem himself by some feat of unexpected brilliance. Hard work but seems like he might be worth it! :D

Edited by Tyla

sonuds like the dogs going to be a good little bushing dog for you, i can honestly say that its not a bad little past time just mooching about with a gun but i hope you didnt shoot any rare birds like i was suppose to :whistling: atb pal and good luck with the young dog

sonuds like the dogs going to be a good little bushing dog for you, i can honestly say that its not a bad little past time just mooching about with a gun but i hope you didnt shoot any rare birds like i was suppose to :whistling: atb pal and good luck with the young dog

Dont worry CC Green winged Scaup only ever been spotted in North Yorkshire :thumbs: Sorry about the other day pal, it is being sorted as we speak :thumbs:

Dont worry CC Green winged Scaup only ever been spotted in North Yorkshire :thumbs: Sorry about the other day pal, it is being sorted as we speak :thumbs:

what a coincidence because it was in north Yorkshire where i was shooting :icon_redface::D

sonuds like the dogs going to be a good little bushing dog for you, i can honestly say that its not a bad little past time just mooching about with a gun but i hope you didnt shoot any rare birds like i was suppose to whistling.gif atb pal and good luck with the young dog

Dont worry CC Green winged Scaup only ever been spotted in North Yorkshire thumbs.gif Sorry about the other day pal, it is being sorted as we speak thumbs.gif

what a coincidence because it was in north Yorkshire where i was shooting icon_redface.gifbiggrin.gif

gunsmilie.giflaugh.gif

what a coincidence because it was in north Yorkshire where i was shooting :icon_redface::D

Dont tell me......."If it quacks, shoot it" :o

Good man and that is one very good picture

All the best with the terrier im sure he will calm down.

Thanks, i've heard borders are late starters so im willing to keep on keeping on. Fingers crossed we have passed the tearing the hair out stage!

Dont tell me......."If it quacks, shoot it" :o

:clapper: you must know me too well :D Tyla my heart in to working dogs more then anything else but a mooch with gun now and again not abad bit of fun, atb pal