whats the ultimate hunting wagon

i was wondering what machines you folk are using while hunting, getting there and for moving the dogs about.

i got a land rover 110 hi-cap pick-up, roll bar is good height for resting the rifle while lamping, big safe style tool box/dog box in the back, holds terriers and digging gear, and of cousre being a landy it gets me anywhere i need to go,

does anyone have any extras on their machines that they find handy, and that they would share designs for

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

we use a vauxhall brava pick up with a truckman boxes divided into 3, we then have a powerpoint inside and on the back aswell as spots on the front bumper

i think all shooting wagons have to be a compromise, japs sacrifice ruggedness for reliability and comfort while land rovers sacrifice comfort, fuel consumption, reliability and power for erm, what ex

Posted Images

Im going to buy a defender i hope in jan when im home,get a hatch cut into the roof,and also thinking of a roof rack,but with padding around the frame,so can then be used as a rifle rest while out the hatch,

But take a look at this shoot wagon... :gunsmilie::gunsmilie::gunsmilie:

post-21735-1258904473_thumb.jpg

Mick

where can you get shooting hatches from, would love to one in my 90 :gunsmilie:

i just put posts on this site plus a few other shooting sites asking guys,i found a guy up north from me,yorkshire way who can do it.

but if you look for landrover restorations,they also can do them,im sure you will find one or someone down south who can do it for you.

Mick

Ford Ranger double cab pick up. Frame on the back for lamping or a box for the dogs, or remove both if im doing logs etc plus room in comfort for 4 or 5 at a push. Not too heavy on fuel and i drive it to the south of france without too many complaints from my passengers. Plus with a decent set of tyres i get anywhere i need to go and it tows trailers (horses, quad bike etc) quite happily. And you can get spare parts from tesco's.

Had a hi- cap landy liked it got a 90 pick up now put some heavy duty springs on the rear to cope with a 3/4 ton sankey trailer loaded up with corn going over fell and moors to feed up hoppers.made a couple of rock sliders frome a bull bar of a transit.and as the 90 has'nt got the length to take a gun box i stuck one on top of the ivor richards canopy. Don't think a sun roof will be very practical as if in the middle of roof the gear levers will get in the way of you having a comfortable shooting position and even if you put a hatch in to one side it would have to be realy forward on the roof so you could stand on the cab floor.what would be good is if you could get the wind screen to fold down i think you could on some of the early landys but don't know if there is a convertion kit out there or some one who knows how it could be done. atb

Had various Land Rovers, but the best is 110 Double Cab, on Mud Terrains.. for sure.

Few upgrades for safety. Steering Guard, Diff guard, Steel Wheels, Mud Terrains. Rear Recovery points( For towing other folk outwhistling.gifwhistling.gif) Mainly because we shoot at night.

Image010.jpg

modern landy comfort is great as is performance, i drove a landy series 3 for a few years, and thought it was great, then i bought a landy 90 v8, with soft seats, was great to drive, useless for hunting from, so now im on to a 110 hi cap, on bfg mt's, and 2 t-max winches, front and back, currently making mesh sides for it