My Labrador Stud

maybe it would help to put on if he has been hip scored and eye tested, as i think this should be taken into consideration when breeding especially with a breed that could have dodgy hips. imo

Spot on JJBull!

Get his hips scored, and his eyes tested, then, when he's done a couple seasons decent work, think about using him at stud. of course if you have already done all that, great stuff! :D would like to see a photo.

Dawn.

i only say this as i grew up with labs that got finished off with bad hips and so my mother has now started getting her dogs hip scored just so she can plan for the future, her adult dog has come back with 0/0 which she was chuffed about, there are too many people simply breeding for the cash and dont take into consideration for the breed charge a fortune for unsound pups the people make there money back by breeding and so the circle continues, i will now get off my soap box :D

ps in no way am insinuating that this is what young beater is doing and sorry for hijacking your thread.

Edited by jjbull