WCS Collarum

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi folks,   Just recently seen a short lived thread on the WCS Collarum, I am interested in the thoughts and views of people who have used it or knowledgeable people's opinions on it please.   ATB

I have been and am currently using them at the moment with good results, the key is siting the snare so the fox can only approach from the front. The trigger is also adjustable to cut down misfires, works very well in town gardens where you would normaly use a live catch trap. I am currently using them on a small holding thats has been losing chickens and ducks. I will post some pictures and a full report. I do have the manual and DVD if anyone is interested.

How long have you been trialing it for? And how reliable are your results?

Hi Chaps,

could you possibly tell me where these are available from as I think they look very good and would certainly help especially with the trap shy fox

I couldn't find anything on the internet about the legal side of their use ,are they approved for use in the U.K.??

Cheers Phil

I have been and am currently using them at the moment with good results, the key is siting the snare so the fox can only approach from the front. The trigger is also adjustable to cut down misfires, works very well in town gardens where you would normaly use a live catch trap. I am currently using them on a small holding thats has been losing chickens and ducks. I will post some pictures and a full report. I do have the manual and DVD if anyone is interested.

I'm looking forward to seeing your report 120-2 :)

I'd also be interested in seeing the DVD and manual, fire me off a PM about it :)

• 3 weeks later...

What makes you say that Duckwing ?Have you tried this system out ?? It would have been ideal for a job I recently had involving some trap shy foxes and an over sensitive customer. How can anyone comment on whether a system is good or bad unless they PERSONALLY have tried it in the field???

Please let us know if you have tried it and if so why you feel it not a decent piece of kit.

looking forward to hearing your findings

410 Phil

YEP 410 PHIL

SEEN IT OVER HERE USED ... AND TALKED TO MANY TOP CLASS TRAPPERS IN THE STATES ABOUT IT

ALL ARE OF THE SAME OPINIONS ME ....... SO I WOULD GET OFF YER HIGH HORSE FELLA !

IF I HADNT ANY KNOWLEDGE ON THE SUBJECT I WOULDNT HAVE POSTED ......

I COULD GO INTO ALL THE WHERES AND WHYS BUT TO BE HONEST I CANNOT BE BOTHERED AS MOST LADS HAVE THEIR HEADS UP THEIR ARSES AND SEEM TO THINK IF THEY GET A PIECE OF EXPENSIVE KIT IT WILL DO A BETTER JOB .... WHEN INFACT THEY SHOULD TAKE A LONG HARD LOOK IN THE MIRROR AS TO WHY THEY CANNOT MAKE THAT CATCH NO MATTER WHERE AT !!

SUFFICE TO SAY AS WITH A SNARE..... PLACEMENT,.... IS THE KEY TO A SUCESSFUL AND TROUBLE FREE CATCH ...... I CATCH A LOT OF FOX EACH SEASON AND OVER THE YRS GET A LIVE RATES OF GREATER THAN 95% UNHARMED THROUGH KNOWLEDGE AND VERY LITTLE EXTRA WORK

TO BE QUITE HONEST I CANNOT SEE THE POINT OF THEM .......

DUCKWING

That's fair enough then Duckwing you obviously know what your talking about,As for my high horse, I don't have one just wanted to know why you thought it was bobbins.As for setting snare its not something I do as no one has ever showed me how to do it and I wouldn't want to set a trap/snare without knowing how to do it properly.

Sorry if I caused any offence as truly non was intended.

All the best Phil