Final

I have been following a few of the posts regarding the final ....the first point I would like clarified..... is the final at mine or not as Charpolski has stated that if the 2 finalists dont want to travel they can compete in the final somewhere else which was news to me as I have left this particular piece of ground quiet resulting in a bit of crop damage and its much about pest control than sport on this arable farm ...as far as I was led to believe everyone knew where the final was being held when they entered the comp ....the other point that MH pointed out is the final to be run in the first week in Dec which is news to me ...maybe I missed that being said but I was always in the understanding that the final would be run sometime in Dec and it would be the 2 finalists and myself to decide when it suited all parties ....I am very busy at work just now and will be home from Italy this weekend but will be returning here maybe next weekend so I cant see me being home the first week in DEC and the nature of my work I cannot give a definate answer when I will be home but it will be mid Dec sometime .....I am not trying to put a dampner on the comp in any way as I think it has been competed in a very sporting manner and the craic has been good ,the prize money and trophys are all excellant ..but hopefully some of the organisers of the comp cann clear up these points for me

All the very best to all the lads left in the comp .

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

LDR didn't "try" to do it; he did it ! Last years comp was run off and this years will be ! I'll help as much as I can until it's finished. Yes there has been problems, thats what happens when ordinar

Charty and LDR why the fekin hell bother imho you seem to be getting villified for fek all

Nah mate, it's only one or two uneducated know alls who are crabbing !! I've met and had some great nights out with lads from ths comp, Mally, The Bolt, Farmer1, Lamp + Battery, Dogs + Natives, Single

Shouldnt be any ifs or buts at this stage, you have kept off the ground MOO and for lads to turn round and start saying "well maybe if" at this stage is taking the piss.

And as for southern competitors not wanting to travel, well all I can say is.......if you wont then I will because the ground was lifting with tackle last time I was up there but we left it alone because of this comp.

So, everyone make your mind up and stop feckking MOO about......

Someone had raised the point if it was two southerners in the final and they didn't want to travel they could decide on alternative place to run :whistling:

Yeah, that was me, and I hadn't realised at the time that 2 southerners in the final was impossible, also the wife was pregnant, and I didn't think I would be able to do the Scottish trip (as if I am going to get to the final anyway :D )

Now the baby is 4 weeks old, things are settled, and I'm more than likely going to get knocked out anyway lol, so sorry if it sounded a bit arsy when I asked the original question, as its a great thing Moo has done to offer his land for the final, and I'd love to make the trip if I actually get through.

Edited by Paid

YOUSE BOYS SHOULD RUN ANY WERE AND NOT BE BOTHERD WHOSE LAND AS LONG AS ITS A MORE SPORTING FINAL THAN LAST YEAR MORE GAME AND A BETTER NITE AND WELL IVE SAW LDR S DOG RUN AND SINGLE HANDED SO IT SHOULD NOT BE A BAD FINAL AND ALL THE BEST

Moo, If I'm lucky enough to make the final, I would want to run at your place, without doubt ! But I did understand that if BOTH finalists wanted to run at some venue more central to themselves, to save travelling, they could. As for tha date of the final, I allways understood it had to be BEFORE XMAS, but no date had been set; this was to be arranged between the finalists and host. Next years comp, MUST have a written set of rules and dates and everyone must stick to them. The compm has been run in good spirit up to now,and I'm sure it will continue to.

Cheers.

YOUSE BOYS SHOULD RUN ANY WERE AND NOT BE BOTHERD WHOSE LAND AS LONG AS ITS A MORE SPORTING FINAL THAN LAST YEAR MORE GAME AND A BETTER NITE AND WELL IVE SAW LDR S DOG RUN AND SINGLE HANDED SO IT SHOULD NOT BE A BAD FINAL AND ALL THE BEST

there you go again an opinion on somthing you didn't even see, :wallbash: there was nothing unsporting about last years final whin, and as for rabbits 20 were killed in 1 hour 45 mins, with 1 hour 15 remaining.

after evrything that you have been on about miss information you would think you would lern

• 2 months later...

charti i know its imopible to meet but i have saw either dog so was talking about who ever one gets to the final either s h or ldr now run along ,and hopefuly its a final to be remembred like other factions of lurcher work , can only say it as im told thats all , the chief heckler lol i like fair and square only way alternitive slips etc and a bag limit not a time limit all in all its been emotional and good crack , but in the bigger picture a few rabbs and on permision all the best,i just feel for people who travel miles and not get looked after i go out my way to put a good time on for guys fishing and a bit hunting if they are game alot of hunting lol ,just ashame we have had a hard winter in some areas i would run it like the oild eild traild land dogs and stay over in diffrent places to get the best of it

ye with abit of help , mate from peole who have ran things before ,the reason im wanting to run it is ihave fonned memories of the old nlrc in my early twenties , with the likes of d slieght s barton p douglas j bell ,m chapmans bob my own dogs and afew other lads just want to put something back incause i have took alot out othe land and fields so god to put in the expierence and first hand knowledge being atrue country man and a game harvester , ive had alot out the dogs and if the land accomadaition and the [bANNED TEXT] keen lads, it should be on par with the natinal lurcher feild trails all those yearsa go probaly alot of youse havent been there in there day they were tame for me being abit mad and keen but at this moment in time the law want to , put free spirits like me to rest so you diversifie with your knowledge and put it to good use all the best

As I say; good luck with it mate !! LDR didn't have the backing of all those "names" that you seem to have ! He only had a few lads like himself to try and give other lads what they wanted, a lamping competition ! He has had abusive phone calls and texts, as have I, and had to put up with all the crabbers and know alls, like yourself; no wonder he is pissed off with it !! Fill your boots,mate, I honestly hope you make a success of next years competition, but be prepared for all the naysayers , like yourself, who will find fault at any opportunity !

Cheers.

had all that mate years ago ,and well ive ran the gauntlet many a nite , i no what lrd tried to do etc and they done not to bad ,the only reason i never entred is i expect more out of a dog than lamping rabbs,even tho they just want you to lamp rabbs etc ,and well it was up and down people putting there dates back peole not turning up ,you can neve rplease everybody but if you do it on nuetral ground , judge and rules if you dont turn up you lose your money you make your own way there you only get real keen guys who will not , let you down , i lesarnt years ago with pool tournaments lurcher feild trails coursing competiotions ,lurcher clubs , never waver and never give favrotisims and never go on a mans back yard unless hees willing to go yours all the best