Starting up reloading

• 2 weeks later...

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

For a .223 reloading might not be the cheaper option !   Reloading is more to tune ammo to your rifle than cheap. If you want cheap then mil surplus might be the cheapest option followed by brands l

You really do talk rubbish sometimes, are you trying to kill the guy!   There is little or no .223 Mil surplus, it is 5.56 which will fit but is over pressure for .223, unless of course you can find

cheap make ammo is worth trying if its accurate in your rifle then your on a winner. imo its ok for some fun on range or a long range shooting day. but thats about it.   why buy a top rifle and pu

Having read all the replies to the original post, if I was a novice and made the post and read all the replies I would scraping brown matter of my strides, the guy was asking for advice on an intended Lee equipment purchase.

In a simple answer to that question Yes it will do the job.

If he had asked are there better options on purchase to do the job the answer to that is also Yes

If he wanted to know what other options were available he would have come back with the question, He certainly would not have wished as a novice shooter or reloader to have an ultimate lecture in ballistics

Edited by Caprelous
  • 3 months later...
  • 6 months later...

As a probationer at a local club and if successful in my FAC application later this year I will definitely be reloading my own as I think that it completes the circle and understanding of shooting and I have already looked at some of the links on this thread many thanks. I'm a machine tool fitter by trade and would never mix tolerances as in the .223 v 7.62 argument. The one of the things I have learnt from the broad knowledge in the club is only chamber a rifle with the calibre and round it is built for.

Another question is if I have .223 rifle on my Certificate then surely I would not be legally allowed to own 7.62 ammunition unless I also had that on my certificate?

As a probationer at a local club and if successful in my FAC application later this year I will definitely be reloading my own as I think that it completes the circle and understanding of shooting and I have already looked at some of the links on this thread many thanks. I'm a machine tool fitter by trade and would never mix tolerances as in the .223 v 7.62 argument. The one of the things I have learnt from the broad knowledge in the club is only chamber a rifle with the calibre and round it is built for.

Another question is if I have .223 rifle on my Certificate then surely I would not be legally allowed to own 7.62 ammunition unless I also had that on my certificate?

thats correct you can only purchace or own amunition for rhe calibre you are licenced for ;)
  • 2 months later...

Wasnt this originally about reloading not 5.56 in a 223?

Talk about someone seeing the light! Thank-you!

I started reading the thread as it said "Starting up reloading" and funny enough, thats what i've just started doing.

I think i read about 4 posts on reloading and then 4 PAGES! (Not finished yet..) of people battling for the biggest balls contest!! It's like being on "Pigeon Watch"! Infact i'm sure i recognised one of the narcissist's from PW!

Anyway, i'll get back to reading and hoping it gets better....

I've now read all the pages, and despite the above post being written by Zook, you MORON'S continue to trash AzMaN's thread!

I can't believe this site is so poorly moderated! YES mods that means you! Why haven't you deleted the totally irelevant posts!!??

Edited by jam1e

I started reading the thread as it said "Starting up reloading" and funny enough, thats what i've just started doing.

I think i read about 4 posts on reloading and then 4 PAGES! (Not finished yet..) of people battling for the biggest balls contest!! It's like being on "Pigeon Watch"! Infact i'm sure i recognised one of the narcissist's from PW!

I've now read all the pages, and despite the above post being written by Zook, you MORON'S continue to trash AzMaN's thread!

I can't believe this site is so poorly moderated! YES mods that means you! Why haven't you deleted the totally irelevant posts!!??

We're not here to hold members hands, we have got enough to do going through the site removing illegal posts, spam, responding to reports and deleting damaging content without having to go through each and every thread to make sure it stays on topic.. Do you realise how many threads get posted on a site with 40,000 odd registered members in a day? If you're having problems in the future I suggest you contact a mod via PM or via the report button and politely ask one of us to take a look at it....

We're not here to hold members hands, we have got enough to do going through the site removing illegal posts, spam, responding to reports and deleting damaging content without having to go through each and every thread to make sure it stays on topic.. Do you realise how many threads get posted on a site with 40,000 odd registered members in a day? If you're having problems in the future I suggest you contact a mod via PM or via the report button and politely ask one of us to take a look at it....

As i ranted on forum about you and your fellow "mods" it's only fair i apologie on open forum to. I didn't look at the wider picture when it comes to your commitments. Point taken, apologies.

As for the rude members continually trashing another members thread, my comments stand....

• Like 1
  • 11 months later...
  • 2 years later...