landrover freelander

if your looking a soft roader dont buy a freelander, v6 is noisey and drinks petrol, k-series 1.8 has head gasket probs(unless cross bolted lower) td4 is noisey, they all like to eat transfer boxes, gearbox mounts, usually let in water and are shit, buy jap, suzuki vitara 1.9td or the likes, however if you want proper off road fun get a land rover 110 300tdi station wagon, comfort and around 28-30 mpg, and then you know with hand on heart that if you get stuck its your own fault, 96 or 97 for around 5 grand maybe 98,

hi guys

i am thinking of getting a freelander mainly as they are reasonably priced and wonderd if enyone has got one or had one

are they eny good for getting around offroad mainly fields and grasslands

eny comments welcome

dont buy one load off rubbish engines are crap cylinder heads always going rear diffs pack in get a fourtrak bullet proof

Hello Peeps.

I use TD4 Commercial 02 plate with 65,000 on the clock.

Probably the best firms van a shooting man could have driving wise.

Too expensive on repairs though if paying the bills yourself.

Last november 2 fuel pumps + labour = over £700.

Electrics less than reliable and all bushes etc have been replaced, clutch cylinders,rear door latch twice, window regulator,

Still original exhaust,battery,clutch,engine,gearbox diffs etc.

ATB-Bryan.

• 1 month later...

i was fancing a freelander and selling my diesel vitare but now yous have me thinking

buy a rav4 put a set of BFG all terrains on it,, if you want some thing the same size and a soft roader.

only issue is they do not do a TDI rav until the later shape?

or the vitara TD is a great car, both far better that the freeloader.

If you have your hart set on one get a TD4 manual and take the rear prop off, it will not change the off road handling but will reduce fuel costs and save the IRD unit,,

all the best

rob,

Guest ROUGH COATED

Dont buy a FREELANDER they are a complete load of BBOLLOCK'S ,wont last 5 min's off road ive tryed them ,they over heat like a J REG MONTEGO ESTATE HAHAHAHAHA :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: HEAD GASKET FALL'S CLEAN OUT LOL

BAG'S OF SHITE!!!!!!!!!!!