were do i shoot pigeons with an air gun

were should i shoot pigeons they poo all over my roof but apart from head and neck shots were can i shoot them to make a clean kill. thanks to all who reply

hi buddy

best to shoot them in head,any where else will not be humaine,plus will spoil the meat,if you want to eat it?

regards

davy

It depends which way they're facing. I get a lot on the apex of my stable block. If they're facing me a Hollowpoint to the breast does the trick. You hear a "thwack" as the slug hits them, next thing they're on the floor dead. Regards. J.H.S.

Head is fine if you can hit it, i doubt theres many that can consistantly hit a 5p piece at distance which is the size of a woodie's head. In the back if facing away or breast if facing or just where the wing meets the body will stop em just fine. This will prevent a stray pellet potentially passing over the garden boundry which of course is illegal and could land you in the brown stuff. :thumbs:

I shoot loads in public places with my job so a head shot is out of the question due to risks involved if i miss.

Ratattacks right, I've shot hundreds of pigeons and there's nothing inhumane about a chest or back shot. When they're in a tree directly above you a head shot is out of the question.

The one thing I would always look out for is where they might land after they drop..... (brings back memories of having to walk across the yard with the ladders, to go into the cattle house, onto the slats, wedge the ladders in between the slats and climb up to fetch any pigeons wedged behind a truss!)