anybody hunt with catapults/slingshots

iv got 2 barrnet slingshots that i got when i was younger a black widow and a pro diablo, i use to use them regualr and was a good shot, had a fair few kills with them from pigeon to crow squirrels pheasant the odd rabbit and even fish lol all this was when i was about 14-15 years old

iv been thinking about taking the black widow out with me when mooching with the lurcher pup to shoot at quarry in the trees and bushes as taking my air rifle out is too risky (too many idiots fooked things up) the widow is small and would fit into my coat pocket

iv got a few mates with permission for lurcherwork, ferriting and shooting but thats a drive away and theres some good land not 5mins walk away from my house where i walk the dog everyday

theres srcubland, conifer woods, deciduous woods, moorland and grazing fiels basicly most types of land you could think of in a fairly small area and it holds plenty of game, most is public land and farmland used by dogwalkers,joggers,walkers,bikers and horseriders

just deciding wether or not to take the catty out on the daily mooch obviously my shots would have to be safe ect but would i get into trouble with the law if caught and could fook my chance of getting a SGC when i finally get my own permission

Best man I ever saw with a pult was a young travlier who lived near to us when I was younger, the lad had lost half of his right arm and was a crack shot. Just be carefyl.

Always got one in my pocket, knocked a couple of greys out the tree for my dog lol, it actually improve our working partnership. (i love it)

I've got a few. I use tubes, flatbands and square rubber. I use shop bought, metal type and natural forks. You can kill game up to hare size easily and with the right ammo and reduced range (under 10 yards) you can take fox sized targets. I shoot .44 lead ball for most hunting and also .38 steel ball for ferals and target shooting. I've always got 2 in the car and at least 1 in my bag or pocket.

I usually carry mine with me it's a good way to come home with something after a walk with the dog. I use a 'fishhunter' one of the wooden ones with the flatbands that fishfish on here makes. They are quality can knock a maggie dead out of a tree at about 30 yards +! Best I've ever used. The barnett ones are childsplay in comparison.

ATB

Jordan

my new bands ad ammo are in the post so just a waiting game

i seen the hunter catapults in the contrymans the claim to be the most powerful slingshots available but at 20 quid seem abit steep for what i want it for

are the fish hunter or the ones in the CMW realy that much better than a barnett?

i seen the hunter catapults in the contrymans the claim to be the most powerful slingshots available but at 20 quid seem abit steep for what i want it for

are the fish hunter or the ones in the CMW realy that much better than a barnett?

£20 too steep for something that will kill game :icon_eek: £20s feck all you tightarse..theyre not disposable :clapper:

£20 too steep for something that will kill game :icon_eek: £20s feck all you tightarse..theyre not disposable :clapper:

mabey i am abit of a tightarse lol if they were ALOT better than a blackwidow then i would buy one but fornow ill jus use what iv got. if i didnt alreay have a catapult then yeah id get one