Selling Shot Pigeons

Im looking to get my shotgun license very soon, and eventually (hopefully) when i have a large enough amount of pigeons, is there any market for selling them? to butchers ect?

If yes whats the sort of going price for a pigeon?

Im only fifteen and new to the game so ignore my lack of intelligence :L

thanks louis

Im looking to get my shotgun license very soon, and eventually (hopefully) when i have a large enough amount of pigeons, is there any market for selling them? to butchers ect?

If yes whats the sort of going price for a pigeon?

Im only fifteen and new to the game so ignore my lack of intelligence :L

thanks louis

Dont put yourself down Louis,you might only be 15 and yet to learn the ropes,but we all started out the same.There is a bit of a market for shot wood pigeon but most butchers i know will only take them if they are fresh.I couldnt give you a price you might get per bird as its different in most areas.As a rough guide i get 35p per pigeon,not a fortune i know but it does pay for a few cartridges.Also as far as im aware only butchers that are licensed game dealers are allowed to buy them,so dont bother wasting your time asking the likes of super market butchers.You could also try to sell some in local restaraunts,but i think they can only take them if they are prepared ready for eating but you`l have to do your home work on that one as i have never sold to restaraunts.hope this helps and good luck with your shotgun application.paul

One game dealer I know gives 25p an other gives 45p , better than nothing I suppose.

45p a fortune!

Round here we get 20p fresh 15p frozen mind that is collected. Prob 25p if we deliver to them.

Back 20 odd years ago I was getting 40 - 60p a bird unsorted and £1 for ferreted rabbits (now £1.50)

Seems everything is going up except the price of game!

Hate to think what a brace of pheasants goes for now? Prob less than 75p!!

WHY?????????????

Ok lads thanks alot for your help :)

30p is alright considering you having a jolly good day out too!

whats on average the price of a pigeon cartridge, just rougly?

thanks louis

about £160 a 1000 not sure how much each

i have just ben offered 25p a pigeon and 4quid for hares over 3 lb/kg ? and 70p lb for muntjac and i know where it is sold in my local game deelers shop and them woody's are going for 1.80 a bird :o who is getting robbed then?

Ok thanks for all your help lads. Perhaps it would be a good idea to put out some kind of advertisement when i get properly into it all :)

Had anothe thread on this- But what would you say are the good makes and models for a first gun for a 15 year old with a budet of aroud the £600 mark?

Thanks greatly

• 3 weeks later...