New pcp Which one

Hi I am looking to purchase a PCP air gun for shooting rabbits and other vermin.

please could anyone point me in the right direction as to which gun and the fors and againsts. I have been looking at the S 410 as really like the look of this gun but obviously there are others and i dont want to spend all that money and find that there are better ones.

Many thanks Russ

Thanks for the replies I am looking to spend around £800 i havent got a bottle but have got a mate who is a diver on the docks and he says he can get me one, so i will be looking for gun and sights oh and a filling probe.

Off now to have a look around at this HW100 beasty

Hi mate,

Id say either a BSA R10, Weihrauch HW100T, Theoben S Type tactical, FX Verimeator.

All are quality rifles.

If you want a cheap but brilliant rifle and don’t want to spend that whole £800 id recommend the BSA Ultra its fabulous.

Bets of luck

Zini

Hi mate,

Id say either a BSA R10, Weihrauch HW100T, Theoben S Type tactical, FX Verimeator.

All are quality rifles.

If you want a cheap but brilliant rifle and don’t want to spend that whole £800 id recommend the BSA Ultra its fabulous.

Bets of luck

Zini

I'll 2nd that pal, the ultra is a bloody good gun for the money just needs a different silencer.

How long is a bit of string? Id recommend trying a few out and googling reviews on them before deciding. When i was in the same boat as you earlier in the year, my personal choice was between the s410k and the hw100. I decided on the s410 in the end, mainly because its made in england, and i found it lighter & better fitting for myself. They were also cheaper 2nd hand than the hw100.

Id definately get a 2nd hand gun either way, as you do save a lot of money on new. Looking around atm, you can get a s410k 2nd hand for about £400, which in my eye is a bargin.

These days, nearly all the current range of PCP`s are deadly accurate and ideal for rabbits / vermin / even pigeons if they are stationary.

Good luck!

Used to have a S410 .177 and i liked it. Now got a Daystate mk3 .177 and really like it. Looking around to maybe get a HW100kt and see if i really really like that.As said previously go for a second hand one, or at least make sure wherever you buy a new one from they will either change it or at least give you a great deal back on your gun should you not get on with it or don't like it.

If you can get one a Daystate Mk4, worth every goddamned penny and great back up too. Theoben used to rule the roost but the comapny split and they haven't moved forward for a ling time. The bolt action on them is hellishly clunky.

End of the day buy a gun you like the feel of. Get yourself into a shop and handle a few, on a range if you can. Just give a Daystate a go whilst you are there.