Best value springer

I'm looking for a good value, accurate springer in .22. Any suggestions?

Cheers

EDIT: Typo

Hi LordGameBore

Whats your budget? I'd suggest the following;

Sub £200 - Get a good 2nd hand gun. Stick to the big names like Air Arms, Weihrauch or BSA. You'll find plenty of people who will recommend one brand or model over another, but I think it would be fair to say they all make reasonable guns which will be great value for money 2nd hand

£200 plus, you have a great choice like Air Arms TX200, almost any Weihrauch (especially the HW80), BSA Lightening

If you're going to go to the £400 plus budget, then I can highly recommend a PCP. Don't be put off by the recharging issue, easily sorted by a small investment in a pump or divers bottle

im with air gunner supersports are excellent budget guns ive has mine for over a decade and its probably near 20 years old and still great. but if youre going second hand then yeah weihrauch is excellent but majorly heavier i have a 77k and a 97k (only both as my 97 has been on lone to someone for 3 years and i got fed up and bought the 77) its a great gun but you will notice carrying it all day if thats what youre doing. i have never owned an air arms of any kind yet which is strange as ive owned a lot of different guns. But i hear the praises sung all the time. basically if you buy english or german you cant far go wrong!

im with air gunner supersports are excellent budget guns ive has mine for over a decade and its probably near 20 years old and still great. but if youre going second hand then yeah weihrauch is excellent but majorly heavier i have a 77k and a 97k (only both as my 97 has been on lone to someone for 3 years and i got fed up and bought the 77) its a great gun but you will notice carrying it all day if thats what youre doing. i have never owned an air arms of any kind yet which is strange as ive owned a lot of different guns. But i hear the praises sung all the time. basically if you buy english or german you cant far go wrong!

take a look at the hw 99s . not a lot of people give em a try, tending to stick to the hw 80 or the 97, the more well known guns. i owned a 99s for a number of years.

i put thousands of pellets through that rifle, week in week out. it never let me down. and its also a good bit cheaper than the 80 a good bit lighter but no less of rifle :good::good:

Hi Lord,

Depending on what your budget is id recommend the following mate as ive seen them all in action at one time:

Small budget = Weihrauch HW99, BSA Lightning, BSA Supersport, Webley Stingray.

Medium budget = Weihrauch HW95 for definate.

Cushty budget = Air Arm Pro Sport, Weihrauch HW97, Weihrauch HW98, Weihrauch HW80 Theoben Evolution.

At the end of the day you will never go wrong with a Weihrauch mate. Ive had 4 and they were all class A rifles.

If you want to know which one id buy myself from the 3 budgets id say,

Small = BSA Lightning

Medium budget = Weihrauch HW95

Cushty budget = Air Arms Pro Sport closely followed by a HW97.

The only thing that does the AA Pro Sport for me is that they are silky smooth straight out the box and and wisper quiet. They dont need any tuning and the accuracy is better than youy will ever be able to shoot it mate.

Best of luck anyway with what ever you choose mate.

Zini