Removing Tiddlers

Guest vimto.

thi site was nearly shut down due to this crap before dont let it happen again please

just giving the antis ammo against ourselves

no one else interested in bickering so rise above it and dont reply......

or pm your reply

just forcing your shite onto the whole forum

and beore anyone says dont read it then......

guess what i read the posts but cant fecking crystal ball which ones are petty pish!!!!

respect everyone else on the forum and quit the shite

please!!!!!!!!!

sauer

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Deker you need to grow up pal and stop your silly attempt at scaremongering. The only thing that's getting screwed up here is you..

njc that's an honest down to earth post that we all can relate too ;)

That dark Buck in the picture i would be more than happy to take Deer that size with any of the minimum legal calibres that are available..

Anyway no one noticed the new sound suppressor :D

It takes two for it to carry on !

Where in the country did you shoot the buck ? I shot two bucks last sunday 90lb and 82lb, the largest had only 3" spikes the other about 1" [Northampton] .

The first was 170m low heart shot ! Beast jumped, took one stride 180 deg turn and ran 30 m when found bullet had destroyed the lower heart and exited through the left elbow NO blood trail found by dog.

Second was shot on report of the first 100m beast jumped as before ran 8 m stood and bled out before falling again lower heart destroyed .

Got to the ground at 6.00am both down by 7.00 .

Most like a pop coldweld but generally disappear to the back of the crowd and push the rest forward after doing so :laugh: It`s called acting hard but the best policy is to ignore them ;)

That one was shot not far from where you mention ;)

Stick some picture`s up, is it the 260 rem you use?

Snap Shot. I feel neck shots are a completely different area to chest shots. You need a good bullet in a .243 to hit a Stag in the boiler room and get a good exit and blood trail.

When you look at neck shots the fast but light bullets of the .243 are probably better than the average .30 cal Deer bullet. When hitting the neck I'd have thought fast expansion would be the key so as to make as much mess as possible before exit?

My Deer calibre is a 6.5x55 at the moment. I run 130 grn Barnes TSX through it. I have a 7x57r/12g combi gun on its way to me to take the 6.5s place and a slot for .300 Win Mag for hill and range work. I'm very happy with the 6.5 but just fancied a change.

Snap Shot. I feel neck shots are a completely different area to chest shots. You need a good bullet in a .243 to hit a Stag in the boiler room and get a good exit and blood trail.

When you look at neck shots the fast but light bullets of the .243 are probably better than the average .30 cal Deer bullet. When hitting the neck I'd have thought fast expansion would be the key so as to make as much mess as possible before exit?

My Deer calibre is a 6.5x55 at the moment. I run 130 grn Barnes TSX through it. I have a 7x57r/12g combi gun on its way to me to take the 6.5s place and a slot for .300 Win Mag for hill and range work. I'm very happy with the 6.5 but just fancied a change.

i mainly use 95g hornady sst's or 100g sp never had a problem with both these bullets.

6.5x55 is an excellent cal. i used to shoot one with the 129 sst's but sadly had to get rid of a few guns when i got made redundant.

best of luck with your new guns mate i hope they do you proud.

Snap.

i mainly use 95g hornady sst's or 100g sp never had a problem with both these bullets.

Snap.

Snap - I think you have hit the nail on the head here - you use the correct weight of bullet head for deer when using the 243. I expect your M/V is around the 2900 mark.

There is a chap not far from me using a 55gr in his 243 - his M/v must be up around 3700 - he has no option but neck/head shots. The 55gr was designed for small game like foxes in the 243

There is a chap not far from me using a 55gr in his 243 - his M/v must be up around 3700 - he has no option but neck/head shots. The 55gr was designed for small game like foxes in the 243

Best I could get using 58 grain V-max was 3509 fps, short of the 1700 ft-lb mark. The round gives one hole groups in my Pro-hunter. (not that I would use such a round on deer!)

John

Stick some picture`s up, is it the 260 rem you use?

I'll have a go tomorrow only have a pic of the smaller one on my phone , just in from work and battery is dead.

I have some muntjack picks including the last three i shot but the pic is very dark.

i use .260 mostly but if i need a shot over open fields with no cover i use the .308.

Edited by coldweld

Snap.

Snap - I think you have hit the nail on the head here - you use the correct weight of bullet head for deer when using the 243. I expect your M/V is around the 2900 mark.

i get 3100 fps from the 95 grain sst, shooting it in a 1 in 9 twist...

you NEED to use the right bullet for the job.... anyone gets a runner, their simply not placing the round OR not using a bullet designed for controlled expansion in deer....

i've shot fallow last year using the 95 sst, at 282 yards heart shot, took about 4 steps and dropped.... ;)

this is not to big myself up by stating this only to say if the bullet is on target they WILL fall.......

i got the bullet from the fallow and it was perfectly mushroomed, very happy with both rounds used....

the varmint rounds are simply designed to explode on impact, thus under penatration , and the bulllet not hitting the vitals...

maybe fine for small deer, but not for fallow, red or sika...

Snap.