another whip on our flight pond,

as some know !!

we are feeding a small pond here with a few weeks, and we have shot it now 4 times, the last being 9 days ago, the teal were still coming in well, myself and jnr watched it last night and we counted 49/50 or so teal coming in so with halloween night soon i know the firework would f**k it up as it not to far from where the pond is that they let them off, so we made the call to shoot it to night so we geared up at 17.30 and headed off we were in early and the time went slow :icon_eek: ,

at about 18.00 the odd teal show up we took them out at ease, then they came in and in it never stop for 30 odd minutes, we had great shooting taking good shots as they came in and going out :victory: ,now in saying that we missed afew :icon_redface: that we both should have shot, one came in i missed it ...up it went clayman missed ....i missed.....clayman missed ....i hit it but it just fell way out in the field, we both marked the bird, as we called it a night, i started to pick up with rocky and clayman acounted for another 3 teal, as we walked about the field working the dog over and back picking up, we headed up to where i had rattled the high teal that fell way out after a good few min's it was found by rocky so i was happy with that, so back to the pond to pick up what fell in the water,

the dog never had as many handy retreives in it's life lol, where he pick up 13 or so off the pond,

i was on the phone to john galway last nite for a minute or so :whistling: and i also invited him to join us, but he could not make it due to work, pitty john you would of had a ball,next time mate :thumbs: , all i can say is ,it was one hell of a shoot,

again thanks to clayman for some great shooting!! and to rocky, jnr missed this shoot out due to karate next time bud,

the nights head count was 21 teal in all,

cheer for looking

atb sounder

100_0991.jpg

Nice one, you can't beat Teal great to shoot and fantastic to eat. We had another go at the geese this morning, but due to bloody dog walkers coming onto the field we had to call it a day early just as the main skiens were flighting in. Still i managed 2 canada's with 2 shots, Ju got a canada and a pair of mallard and jason got 3 canada's and a mallard. We are going to leave them alone now and shoot our flight pond for the first time early next week if we get a bit of wind. We've got a few mallard and teal feeding so hopefully we'll get a bit of sport..

ALB

Mally

:hunter: that was some night :good: the best i had to date, when we sat in ,as sounder said this will be a long wait :icon_eek:

about an 1/2 hour went by then he said it is time now the words just out of his gob in it came then for the next hour it was

like the 4th of july :toast: it was great it was a night i will never forget (an old saying good things come to them ho work hard )

thanks sounder for a great night :signthankspin:

and rocky you had to work for your crust tonight

Nice one, you can't beat Teal great to shoot and fantastic to eat. We had another go at the geese this morning, but due to bloody dog walkers coming onto the field we had to call it a day early just as the main skiens were flighting in. Still i managed 2 canada's with 2 shots, Ju got a canada and a pair of mallard and jason got 3 canada's and a mallard. We are going to leave them alone now and shoot our flight pond for the first time early next week if we get a bit of wind. We've got a few mallard and teal feeding so hopefully we'll get a bit of sport..

ALB

Mally

nice shooting mally i would love to go out for some big birds, we don`t get geese up this side

ALB

Mally

cheers mally great shooting from you,roll on the teal

atb sounder

:) great shooting again lads . i guess its duck on the menu for tomorrow :)
ya but i need a good cook do you know where i find one lass, :whistling:

sounder

haha the only duck you'll be gettin is across the back of the head :) . i didnt hear you complain about the last ones :) or jnr for that matter

i was on the phone to john galway last nite for a minute or so :whistling: and i also invited him to join us, but he could not make it due to work, pitty john you would of had a ball,next time mate :thumbs: , all i can say is ,it was one hell of a shoot

A minute he says :icon_eek: I know women who'd talk less :clapper: Got a bit worried when you told me I was looking well :icon_redface: Thank fcuk the Tea lady was there to divert your advances :signthankspin:

First off I gotta say thanks for the invite, got the hareem all set up today as planned :whistling: Sounds like ye had a great night of it altogether :thumbs:

Oh yeah, don't know how ye press buttons down in the Mid Wesht but I know a fella from the North Wesht that could use that link as I sent it :tongue2: Would have cut about an hour off the conversation if that had happened :lol:

Edited by JohnGalway

well what can i say to you both but very well done a excellent nights shooting for you both, teal shooting is the best form of ducking shooting you will get, they will present some the best sporting shots that you willl find in any sort of game or wildfowl shooting ..

well done lads keep feeding they will come back for sure :clapper::clapper:

see you soon ray :victory: