Webley Vulcan MKII

spent some time Reviving one of my old Guns and was surprised how accurate the poor old thing is. started off stripping and polishing the cylinder out, the spring and the PTFE Piston washer seemed ok but the breach seal was knackered, thankfully I finaly fitted a new one few days ago!! got myself a tin of Eley Wasp 5.5's and then spent some time getting the old gun zeroed, I was surprsed how consistent its been placing shot after shot well in the zone.....

Finally stood in the strip of woods at the back of the house yesterday evening and dropped one pigeon nicely through the cranium :boogie: and removed the wings off it for one of the birds to pull at, tonight I stood virtually in the same spot and one came in and landed just off the edge of the Ivy, thankfully I could just make his head out while he was facing me and Bingo!! another one shot just under the throat and though the top of his head :big_boss:.....

To say the least I'm enjoying myself with this little gun even though its in .22 :icon_eek:, It will certainly give me some sport until the flagship arrives hopefully some time soon :D......

Jasp

post-251-1256750846.jpg

post-251-1256750875.jpg

• Like 1

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

spent some time Reviving one of my old Guns and was surprised how accurate the poor old thing is. started off stripping and polishing the cylinder out, the spring and the PTFE Piston washer seemed ok

Posted Images

Great write up Jasper and great photos.

Ive got to aggree with Maltenby though, there isnt nothing wrong with .22 calibre. When you understand its trajectory its pretty accurate.

My favourite calibre is .177 but my .22 R10 as shot a bit and they die just as fast as they do with .177 believe me.

All the best mate. What will the flag ship be?

Zini.

Edited by zini

Thanks guys I'm made up with the old gun! it's revitalised me into loving the Airguns again and given me a break from the birds. I had a few Inches profesionaly removed off this this old Vulcan a good few years back which seemed to be a Improvement! it certainly seems fairly whippy for a .22.

when I got it back out again the gun and the scope caps was caked in Dust and it looked knackered, to think I was going to stick it on the BBS for £50 speares or repair just before I moved :doh:.......

Its got to be a Air Ranger for me Zini! I need to get a Ambi gun as my lad is right handed and I'm a lefty! I also need one that will give me a good few shots per charge, one thing that has worried me about them is I have read a few had to be sent back to the manufacturers because they was only manageing just over 10ft/lbs? I would be gutted if it happend to me.....

don't get me wrong men I don't mind the .22's but they are a bit Gay compared to the .177's ;):D ....

Jasp

Hi Jasper.

Nice shooting mate.......and so much sweeter knowing an old friend has come back to life and delivered the good's.

ATB.

Bill.

You're bang on there Bill :yes:. its like rolling back the youth again with these old springers, all the memories come rolling back for all the old fuddy duddy's like me....

A lad contacted me a couple of years ago and brought round a old .177 BSA Mercury S I had when I was about 17, it was offered to me for sale but the £200 price tag was a bit much at the time, its a shame as I wanted it mainly for sentimental reasons! my mother brought that gun for me back in 1982 for around £80 brand new so £200 was a bit steep....

cheers

Jasp

don't get me wrong men I don't mind the .22's but they are a bit Gay compared to the .177's ;):D ....

Jasp

:blink: .22's a bit gay? :laugh: The male brain is better at mathematical calculations, spatial awareness, etc, have you ever wondered why a woman can't reverse a car? She hasn't got a male brain that's why.

..which brings me nicely along to the .177, a round so flat that it doesn't need the complexities of male brain to work out where the pellet is going to land, just point it in the same place every time, pull the trigger and a little faggoty pellet flies straight and true with that much speed it often passes through the target, doesn't impart enough energy and allows the target to fly off/run away! :whistling:

.22 = proper real man's calibre. :yes:

.177 = womans/gay's calibre. :yes:

22 = proper real man's calibre.

.177 = womans/gay's calibre.

:11: The age old argument none of you will win it.

To be honest lads it think at sub 12 ft. lbs it doesn’t make any difference to me what I use.

Jasper I’m glad you’ve cleaned the old gun up and it can still do the damage. atb John

22 = proper real man's calibre.

.177 = womans/gay's calibre.

:11: The age old argument none of you will win it.

I know that matey, it's one that will echo on as long as we've got holes in our arses! :laugh:

No intention of trying to solve it either, this section wouldn't be the same without the endless, '.177 vs .22' threads! :D

:blink: .22's a bit gay? :laugh: The male brain is better at mathematical calculations, spatial awareness, etc, have you ever wondered why a woman can't reverse a car? She hasn't got a male brain that's why.

..which brings me nicely along to the .177, a round so flat that it doesn't need the complexities of male brain to work out where the pellet is going to land, just point it in the same place every time, pull the trigger and a little faggoty pellet flies straight and true with that much speed it often passes through the target, doesn't impart enough energy and allows the target to fly off/run away! :whistling:

.22 = proper real man's calibre. :yes:

.177 = womans/gay's calibre. :yes:

You have a valid point there Malt :yes:. But if you can land a .177 in the kill zone like any decent Hunter should be doing you won't have any problems. I dropped a squirrel many moons ago with another lad useing .177 Airsporter S only to find when skinning it a .22 jackal pointed pellet neatly wedged just under the pelt near the rib cage! I even traced it back to the lad who shot it from our Estate useing a Plinky BSA Meteor, I'm pretty confident if the same gun was in .177 it would of penetrated the rib cage and slayed the beast :D.

A under powered gun like a Meteor is like a nats fart in .22! stick a .177 barrel on it and its a different ball game.....

Anyway!! what wrong with useing a Gay calibre :kiss:

Jasp

dont waste your money on that ( gay) new gun mate !!!!

not if the old webleys doing the job !!!!!.......lol

nowt like using your old gun............i still have my old rellum sport in manly .22, with open sights, makes you think about your shooting !!!!!!!!

cheers

sean

dont waste your money on that ( gay) new gun mate !!!!

not if the old webleys doing the job !!!!!.......lol

nowt like using your old gun............i still have my old rellum sport in manly .22, with open sights, makes you think about your shooting !!!!!!!!

cheers

sean

I made a mistake last time I brought a pre charge sean by selling it 6 mths down the line, I picked up one of them Falcon Raptors Skeleton stock things and loved it for its accuracy! but I was bang into flying the birds then virtualy everyday so the gun was relgated to the Cabinet....

the wife hit the roof as That gun with the Tasco World Class scope and Pump and other bits and peices cost me a tad over a grand, I ended up salling it for £500 around 6 mths later in pristine condition, the problem was it was layed out for a lefty with thumbhole stock and lefty bolt and even loaded the mag from the left, to be Honest I struggled to sell it....

this time I'm bang into the guns again and don't have to go far to knock over some Pigeons or the odd bunny! the gun I get this time won't be going anywhere as my lad will use it too, but you have a good point there sean about "Making you think about your shooting" :yes:, this old Vulcan has no gimicks with it just a straight pull rock hard trigger with a fair kick at the end of the cycle, none of this 2 stage trigger recoiless stuff on this baby ;)......

atb

Jasp