• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HI ALL

the best thing u can feed your dog's on is Tripe and some cheep complet,

dog's love the stuff and it's not full of shit like u get in them cans, it's a good alround food, u can also feed your ferrets on it, and it's cheep i pay 20p a LB for it.

SO GET SOME IN YA :drink::drink: :11:

Guest Ditch_Shitter

Diggit: Love your avatar, mate! :D Used to have a similar one with a goat. Braces 'n all!

Now, I'm off into town. I'll be making enquiries about Ox Heart. Excellent meat! Lean as it gets. Got mine some breast of lamb yesterday. Not bad. But I need more.

Cheers, lads! :good:

butchers cannot landfill their waste so it has to be got rid off within the new waste laws.( a set of regs which also makes it an offense for a business to put lightbulbs and tubes into their waste skips.daft things like that when you can put alsorts into " household rubbish".just another government money making racket.)

it costs butchers alot of money to dispose of what could be very good dog/cat/ferret food.

I feed my dogs on CSJ that'll do,chicken necks and any scraps I get for free off of the butcher wich includes chicken leg ends,bones and meat scraps

The CSJ food is really great

very cheap and good quality ingrediants

http://www.csjk9.com/ProductCart/pc/viewPr...oduct=7#details

£9.00 for 15 kilograms of good food

n/wales. butcher is mrs uncle :) but bones and off cuts free to anyone.

were abouts in n.wales is that mate? im buying the prize choice from petsmart which isnt exactly cheap. i never thort about going to a butchers for the offcuts. pm me if you like.

Guest Ditch_Shitter
:D Just got home - with a couple more breasts of lamb and an ox heart the size of a f***in football! €4.00 the lot!!! I'm bloody ecstatic! On monday I'm ringing a local firm who deals in Industrial mincers ....! :good:

LOL Yous are all getting ripped off, shop around :tongue2:

Except for occasionally getting "caught short" and buying some chicken thigh quarters etc from tesco, I get all my dog and ferret food for free. Breast of lamb, chicken backs, lamb necks, pigs ears/tails/trotters, rib racks (beef/pork), beef/ox pork and lamb hearts, lights (lungs/trachea) etc etc.

The only thing I actually buy occasionally is tripe - about 20p/lb.

Just ask around until you find a sympathetic butcher, then try the slaughter houses and major catering warehouses. They throw out IBCs full of useable RMBs, there for the asking :yahoo:

EDIT: DitchShitter, the only mincer you need is in the dogs/ferrets' mouth ;)

Edited by RainmakerKennels
Guest Ditch_Shitter

Phew! Am I glad you've only posted what ye've posted, mate! I was terrified you were gonna go and say hearts weren't good for Dogs! I'd have been gutted! I've always been given to believe it's the best muscle in an animals body after all.

No, reason I want the mincer is -much as someone else pointed out in another thread somewhere - conveniance of storage :) I can buy in sh!t loads on a single trip into town, see? Mince it. Box it and freeze it. I only have a small freezer and a ridiculously tiny fridge. Just can't spare the space for a whack off great chest and, anyway, horses aren't cheap enough over here to fill one! :D

Regards the prices I'm paying? They suit me. Local Hunt Kennel has the local Abbi' cornered :( At least, with the mincer, I can gladly accept all the scraps the loads of little butchers shops will give me. Then I can sort the fat and sh!t out, feed that to the badgers and mince the decent gear for my Dogs! I'll chuck their veg into it too. Ready mixed, 'Complete Diet' without the carcinogens! Brilliant! :clapper:

im not getting ripped off i get it all for free,i even get the essential veg needed for a dogs diet free aswell. :11:

i wouldnt strip all the fat off either.ive got a mincer but it cant cope with chicken carcases but the dogs dont need it minced up anyway.the only time i mince food up is if ive got a puppy or a terrier is knocked up.