177 vs .20 in sub 12 ft lbs

fair comment, but not every shop sells .20 because its not very popular.

and i'm affraid i disagree................ .22 and .177 will always be the top cailibres ( which one is top, is another question) simply because of the number of existing guns and the avaiability of new ones ( in .20)

but hey, time will tell !!!!!!

atb

sean

I'd have thought .20 caliber would have really took off.

• 2 weeks later...

Ifyou want a .20 then you usually need to ask ahead for it. Most manufacturers do them. Over stateside the .20 is king on similar sized quarry as ours.

.177 everytime mate you cant beat the trajectory or more importantly the penetration.

Granted you have a flatter trajectory but nothing that significant. Before you swear blind allegiance to .177 take a .20 out hunting and then come back to me. End of.

Edited by Sorley x

.20 every time. im still shooting a 15 year old single shot FN19 purely because its in .20! i have bought, and subsequently sold, several expensive multi shots in both .22 and .177. They simply cannot compare with .20 in my opinion!

,20 time and time again i have had guns 177,22,and .20 and the ,20 is the best by FAR!!!! the trajectory is amazing and you have the extra hitting power..

it does exactly what its me to, flat trajectory and hard hitting power cant beat it.. :D

• 1 month later...

,20 time and time again i have had guns 177,22,and .20 and the ,20 is the best by FAR!!!! the trajectory is amazing and you have the extra hitting power..

it does exactly what its me to, flat trajectory and hard hitting power cant beat it.. :D

Bit of a change to the question but im thinking of the .20 change on my AA410k as like eveyone else seems to say yes to the change, but wots it like in fac against .22??? and as for pellets get them from J S Ramsbottom in 5000 bundle and not alot of differance for same make in .22 lets hear [bANNED TEXT] everyone has to say.

.20 tends to shoot a lot closer to .22 than .177 as the pellets tend to be around the same weight. 12 to 15 grains.

.20 does hold it's energy better (mostly...) as it's got a smaller frontal area than .22 so the good old air that we breath hits it a little less as it flys along to hopefully, kill the target.

I've used .177, .20 and .22 and I really don't think it matters a s**t at the ranges we shoot at with less than 12ft-lb's.

These days I mainly use .20 and .22 but that's just because it happens to be the caliber my two main guns are.

I also use .177 when the fancy takes me...

Cheers.

Edit to say... The biggest problem with caliber is in the shooter's mind. Get to know what you've got, then get used to it.

Edited by andyfr1968

I think that any calibre be it .177, .20, .22 or .25 calibre will humanely kill vermin as long as the person using the rifle is adequate in using it correctly.

Does it really matter if a trajectory is flat or curved as long as you know your hold under and hold over points at ranges that you know you can accurately shoot over and almost guarantee a good POI?

I don’t see a problem with using .20 calibre less for the amount of quality pellets out there.

They seem to kill vermin ok and a lot of people swear by them.

Zini