If when i am next out beating or shooting my dog present me with a wounded pheasant/ partridge etc what is the best way to break its neck?Do i pick it up by its neck and shake it? Hold it by the neck and turn its body round, or do i do a chinese wrist burn tipe thing on its neck??

Thanks

If when i am next out beating or shooting my dog present me with a wounded pheasant/ partridge etc what is the best way to break its neck?Do i pick it up by its neck and shake it? Hold it by the neck and turn its body round, or do i do a chinese wrist burn tipe thing on its neck??

Thanks

Grab it by the neck and give it a twirl...

Thanks

are you for real you loser.get a grip

come on lads, when beating i assume you use a stick? hold it by the wings and chap it over the head. it kills it instantly. theres nothing worse at the end of the day tying the birds into braces and some idiot has wrung the birds neck and stretched and tore all the skin. bad practice.

If any one here swings them by the head they get told, a stick, priest, or dispatcher only, once there shot there hung in braces by there necks, or on hooks in singles, the same goes for when there with the game dealer and butcher, and a bird with a broken neck is nothing but untidy and a hassel to sort..

In my past [bANNED TEXT] we used to dragnet for gamebirds the easyist way to kill them wile in the net was to bite their heads the old boy who did not have his own teeth used a nutcracker to dispatch game birds.

as others have said buy a priest, quick frap on the nut does the job, breaking necks means you cant hang them properly.Holding them by the wings means you dont clout your fingers