To try to claim to be able to make reliable and humane shots at 135 yards with an air rifle is iresponsible to say the least :thumbdown:

Yes, I dare say that after plenty of fluffed shots you may well get lucky the odd time but it's no fun for the poor rabbits that fall victim to all of the feck ups, is it?

If you were even a couple of yards out either way at those kind of distances, you'll be inch's off the mark, not that the gun and pellets will hold a tight enough group at that distance anyway.

Are you honestly trying to tell us that in field conditions or even in an indoor range for that matter, that you can produce reliable inch groups???

We have practices at these ranges for quite a while and due to the conditions of the day being a tiny breeze,

and we know perfectly what our rifles our capable of. but I do see your point but we are no rookies

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My custom bad boy     I'm saving up for a scope.  

My Webley Raider 10 shot, .22 (Real Mans Calibre), 3-9x50 and a swift precision moderator.     Richard

There's an old (but nice) Mk1 Webley Hawk on it's way to me! They're not powerful by any stretch of the imagination and most have elongated crosspin holes at the rear of the cylinder with people

Posted Images

We have practices at these ranges for quite a while and due to the conditions of the day being a tiny breeze,

and we know perfectly what our rifles our capable of. but I do see your point but we are no rookies

your actually still a newbie apparently. dale winton

You know me , i cant keep it shut ..........

If i can have a post deleted for saying

`Hunter1989 has come back and now you`ve turned up !!!`

Then this clown needs deleting from the site!!!!!!! , read some of his posts , feckin divy !!!!!!

Delete my post and let claims of a 135yd shot stay ???????

Edited by Buster321c
  • Like 1

post-62463-0-94291300-1308784754_thumb.jpg

r-10 mk1 with 135yrd rabbit.

Here we go again, you should read your posts before boasting http://www.thehuntin...es/page__st__15

Read post 14 & 16 & video on post 18 and 19 in my honest opinion you should not have a air rifle or even a pea shooter.

http://www.youtube.com/user/ProVerminControl#p/u/3/n8qn0PWWfpo

your a bit hypercriticle, you shoudn't be aloud a stone

Then this clown needs deleting from the site!!!!!!! , read some of his posts , feckin divy !!!!!!

well yeah it should stay. he is only informing you that I killed a rabbit at 135yards making a clean kill

well yeah it should stay. he is only informing you that I killed a rabbit at 135yards making a clean kill

their we go now just leave it at that if someone doesn't beleive something they don't have to tell the world their opinion.

its simple a few true words and alot of angry people with no knowledge of the situation.

no harm done period

post-62463-0-94291300-1308784754_thumb.jpg

r-10 mk1 with 135yrd rabbit.

Here we go again, you should read your posts before boasting http://www.thehuntin...es/page__st__15

Read post 14 & 16 & video on post 18 and 19 in my honest opinion you should not have a air rifle or even a pea shooter.

http://www.youtube.com/user/ProVerminControl#p/u/3/n8qn0PWWfpo

I don't see what that link has to do with me and why you think i am hypercritical or is this the child in you trying to fight back and honour the crap posts that you have put up :wallbash: you just give the sport a bad name,at the end of the day little children and guns dont mix unless supervised by an adult, so find one :victory:

I could barely see the rabbit on my last months 88 yarder, that 135 yard rabbit must of been a dot in your scope.............?

Atb peter

I was the shooter :D

and it was pretty small but wasnt too bad forgotten what scope tom-praireCS had on his r-10

My 88 yarder was a shot taken the day after 1000 pellets and an all day session on the range in perfect conditions, I doubt ill ever try that distance again, not even a month down the line, i have all my work wrote down on a print out of my cross hairs and attached to my vipers sunshade for reference, but i couldnt guarantee that the scope hasnt taken a slight knock since then resulting in it being a fraction out, and a fraction at the gun end is alot at the target end, theres alot of factors to take into account shooting at that range, never mind 135 yards mate, use some field craft and stalk closer, it makes it more fun when you have to get to within 40/60 yards :thumbs: Im not having a go at anybody here, just trying to advise :thumbs:

Atb peter

Edited by millsy44
  • Like 1

Yep and next week or month it will be how you shot a fox or deer at 135 yard with your 12ftlb air rifle :thumbdown::wallbash: you have been told its not the right thing to do yet you still persist in telling everyone on an open forum, looks great for our sport doesn't it :thumbdown:

http://www.youtube.c...u/3/n8qn0PWWfpo

I don't see what that link has to do with me and why you think i am hypercritical or is this the child in you trying to fight back and honour the crap posts that you have put up :wallbash: you just give the sport a bad name,at the end of the day little children and guns dont mix unless supervised by an adult, so find one :victory:

your missing close we didnt far.

so saying we're bad is being hypercriticle.

end of

I could barely see the rabbit on my last months 88 yarder, that 135 yard rabbit must of been a dot in your scope.............?

Atb peter

I was the shooter :D

and it was pretty small but wasnt too bad forgotten what scope tom-praireCS had on his r-10

My 88 yarder was a shot taken the day after 1000 pellets and an all day session on the range in perfect conditions, I doubt ill ever try that distance again, not even a month down the line, i have all my work wrote down on a print out of my cross hairs and attached to my vipers sunshade for reference, but i couldnt guarantee that the scope hasnt taken a slight knock since then resulting in it being a fraction out, and a fraction at the gun end is alot at the target end, theres alot of factors to take into account shooting at that range, never mind 135 yards mate, use some field craft and stalk closer, it makes it more fun when you have to get to within 40/60 yards :thumbs: Im not having a go at anybody here, just trying advise :thumbs:

Atb peter

yeah i wont be trying that distance again but on the day the gun was zeroed for that range, we had in my view and the groupings we got with the gun, the best pellets, and yeah we would normally stalk closer but as the gun was zeroed at these long ranges, i thought it would be more difficult crawling closer and working out how much i would have to aim below. :thumbs:

their we go now just leave it at that if someone doesn't beleive something they don't have to tell the world their opinion.

its simple a few true words and alot of angry people with no knowledge of the situation.

no harm done period [quote}

You say.....'if someone doesn't beleive something they don't have to tell the world their opinion.' It's a public forum, mate, so isn't that what it's all about?

You've put up a VERY bold claim, so how can you expect folks not to comment??

However you try to justify it you simply cannot try to claim that whatever you did was a good idea and that you'd recomend anyone else to try it? There's a lot of new shooters read these threads and those kind of wild claims only give them the wrong idea.

We're ment to promote responsible shooting here and you're not helping one bit, mate.

Edited by andyfr1968
  • Like 1

Yep and next week or month it will be how you shot a fox or deer at 135 yard with your 12ftlb air rifle :thumbdown::wallbash: you have been told its not the right thing to do yet you still persist in telling everyone on an open forum, looks great for our sport doesn't it :thumbdown:

no because i dont know if you know but thats not possible. where as 135yard rabbit is as i know someone who did it and i saw it and you didn't.