not a great morning

well done on getting the pheasent BUT shooting it while it walking

just me but woud never shot a pheasent unless it in flight

just something me father always thought me

I have been told the same, but playing devils advocate :

Is it unsporting then to let pigeon land in the decoy pattern?,

Is it unsporting to shoot a fox or rabbit that is standing still?

Not trying to be smart just curious on peoples opinions then.

pigeon isnt thought of as a game bird like a pheasant

pigeon fox and rabbit are all considered vermin

thats the diffrence of shooting them not moving

and i would always shoot the pigeon when it gliding it

:thumbs: forget about the pheasant mate its done now dont beat yourself up about it at least now you know,eat and enjoy.

i will just say,mike yarwood,think that was his name,in answer to a novice shooter says it is quite acceptable to shoot pigeon that have dropped in on the deeks as this is still classed as effective PEST control as said not classed as a game bird,although in my oppinion in flight,will offer some of the most sporting shots you will ever get atvb rob,sorry just to add this article (ref mike yarwood)was in the sporting shooter mag cheers

I recognise that pheasant, Its one of ours you bloody poacher :laugh: ...........seriously, is that farm local to you Stubby?, if it is it could well have been the sound of a shoot day you heard.

And feck everybody else, if I had been all alone in the hide, I would have shot the bugger as well.........all tastes the same ;)

By the way, I didnt get out this week for a shoot so no pigeons I am afraid.........rebuilding the bloody kitchen! :(

I recognise that pheasant, Its one of ours you bloody poacher :laugh: ...........seriously, is that farm local to you Stubby?, if it is it could well have been the sound of a shoot day you heard.

And feck everybody else, if I had been all alone in the hide, I would have shot the bugger as well.........all tastes the same ;)

By the way, I didnt get out this week for a shoot so no pigeons I am afraid.........rebuilding the bloody kitchen! :(

the farms down in theydon, but it could have walked there ;)

thanks anyway for trying on the pidgeons, Ive got a few, plus a pheasant :icon_redface::D which will be enough to give people a taster, plus some sloe vodka to wash it down, Ive had to put off my outing tommorrow because of getting the garden ready for this BBQ so I know how you feel :(

but it'll give me a good excuse to get out tuesday :D ,

In all honesty looking at your photos Stubbs the weather was useless for shooting, have a look at met check to plan your trip.......bit of overcast weather with a decent breeze should get a few birds flying :victory::victory:

In all honesty looking at your photos Stubbs the weather was useless for shooting, have a look at met check to plan your trip.......bit of overcast weather with a decent breeze should get a few birds flying :victory::victory:

cheers wilf, I did read something yesterday on another site, and realised is was a bad day, hardly a breeze at all, still got a LOT to learn on shooting pidgeons, but as I only have the one permission at moment to shoot over, it was more a case of getting out, rather than stay indoors