• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hey all iv got a problem my lurcher pup 3mths old has rickets on her front legs what is the cause of this and what can i do to get them right again im feedind her with a complete dry food that has 1.5 p/cent calcium in it

"Whats caused it?"...poor f****n diet!

"what can i do to get them right"...stop being so tight and get the pup to a vets and feed it a proper diet!

f****n Rickets in this day and age...feed and exersise the pup right...its not f*****g rocket science! :thumbdown:

hey all iv got a problem my lurcher pup 3mths old has rickets on her front legs what is the cause of this and what can i do to get them right again im feedind her with a complete dry food that has 1.5 p/cent calcium in it

"what can i do to get them right"...stop being so tight and get the pup to a vets and feed it a proper diet!

f****n Rickets in this day and age...feed and exersise the pup right...its not f*****g rocket science! :thumbdown:

go on mate you let him have it :clapper:

ive been round dogs all my life never came across rickets and i didnt know what caused rickets untill now, he asked a gunuine question , i bet there is a few on here that dont know what causes it , and if you genrally dont know then you ask a to find out , but typical of this site you always get one knob that cant just give a simple answer .

ive been round dogs all my life never came across rickets and i didnt know what caused rickets untill now, he asked a gunuine question , i bet there is a few on here that dont know what causes it , and if you genrally dont know then you ask a to find out , but typical of this site you always get one knob that cant just give a simple answer .

tanks tallyho and yes i did jst ask a question as im feeding a complete dry feed so i thought everything is suppose to be in that as iv said its got 1.5 p/cent calcium weather dats enough or not i dont know

ok fella,you want a low protein diet not more than 24% you dont want the bones growing to fast and becoming weak get it onto a adult feed this will stop the pup growing to quick and the bones not setting properly,plenty of exercise,sunshine and maybe a vitamin D suppliment this should re-harden the bones but only the vet will be able to tell you if your gonna have any lasting problems

Rickets is the same disease in humans as it is in dogs...poor diet...basicaly neglect!

munsterlurcher has asked about a 1000 dickhead questions on this forum about feeds and nutrition...if he cant even manage to read the instructions on a bag of feed then he shouldnt own a dog!...simple...BECAUSE IF HE HAD OF FED THE DOG RIGHT IT WOULDNT OF HAD RICKETS WOULD IT!

yeah typical of this site for someone to jump in calling childish names...having read many of your previous posts tallyho its plain to see who the knob is ;)

Rickets is the same disease in humans as it is in dogs...poor diet...basicaly neglect!

munsterlurcher has asked about a 1000 dickhead questions on this forum about feeds and nutrition...if he cant even manage to read the instructions on a bag of feed then he shouldnt own a dog!...simple...BECAUSE IF HE HAD OF FED THE DOG RIGHT IT WOULDNT OF HAD RICKETS WOULD IT!

yeah typical of this site for someone to jump in calling childish names...having read many of your previous posts tallyho its plain to see who the knob is ;)

childish ! thats made me laugh . and i wouldnt say my post make me look a knob but your entitled to your opinion and me mine .

so you dont know its got ricketts? never seen it in owning dogs 30 odd years you should know everything there is to know about diet the questions you,ve been asking. if its only a pup they change all the time while there growing ie big nuckles, feet that look straight one day and turned out the next give it a proper diet complete feed, meat, tripe, chicken extra calcium if in doubt get it to a vets because if it is rickets its neglect on your part did you used to be called country boyo