Most spectacular shot

zini

Well ive done a few good ones over the last 30 odd years ive been shooting including,my first ever rabbit with a crosman pump up .22 pistol @ 25 yards when I was 13 that was 30 years ago an remember it like it was yesterday,I think the very best/fluke I ever whitnessed, was in the 80s a mate of mine bought a crap asi rangemaster from our local gunshop,we were all taking the p-ss out of him cos we all had decent rifles like hw80s ect anyway walking back over the fields a flock of feral pigeons got up at about 120yds, anyway pop goes the mighty rangemaster,you can imagine the look on our faces when one of em dropped out and hit the deck,shut us all up for the day I can tell you,HAHA happy carefree days,but il never forget em CHARLIE CALLER.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The funniest one-shot a large doe rabbit and went on to cover a large "figure of eight" aroung my shoot. Upon my return to the area I had shot the doe and saw it moving. Upon looking through the scope, i saw it was in fact a randy young buck going "hammer and tongs" on the doe!! Decisions, decisions-do i let him finish or take him on the vinegar strokes. In the end, I saved him from post coital depression!!

Happy, safe hunting all.

That is brilliant! lol!

when i was about 14 i had an old bsa meteor was looking through th hedge at a set i knew about and started creeping up on a couple of bunnys sat soaking up some rays when i pheasant jumped up infront of me like they do and you miss a heart beat and i just swung gun up and took a daft shot at it more cos id shit myself but because the rabits i was creeping up on had also bolted and to my suprise the thing fell out of the sky and give a little kick etc and when i got there the pellet was just above the crop and the neck bone was pierced the skin so i always thought that the pellet hit it just above crop and when it crashed landed it has broke its neck whcih was just under the skull i didnt shut up about it at schooll for months

another was i used to go out with my mate and his dad with ferrets and my mate used to take air rifle and this rabbit bolted and hit the net and another followed and bolted in a straight line and my mate lifeted gun and it dropped pellet straight between the shoulders couldnt believe my eyes i was laughing so much my stomach was killing me

The two shots with an air rifle that really stick in my mind are strangely similar but at the same time very different . Paradoxical I think they call it.

The first was when I spotted a rabbit move in some brushwood in an orchard behind the tied cottage that I lived in at the time. It was 60 paces -as I later found out- away . I raced indoors grabbed my old Relum with open sights and figuring that as long as I only went for the head it would either be a knockdown or clear miss . I guessed the hol-over and fired . Blooming thing did'nt flinch.I decided that I'd been too ambitious and went in for breakfast. Half an hour later it was still there so I loaded the rifle and stalked up to it . It was stone dead ,still sitting . Pellet had gone through its eye!

Another time I was training a spaniel to sit to shot by raising and firing the Relum at random logs etc . I spotted a rabbit at about 50 yds and thinking that this would be a real test of the pup's steadyness instinctivly raised the gun and fired over the rabbit's head with the intention of spooking it . Killed it outright . At other times I could'nt hit a tent from the inside if my life depended on it !

Edited by comanche

Mine would have to be my first Rabbit :gunsmilie:

Was walking along a country lane on my own doing a little bit of poaching (wouldnt poach now mind) with a .22 westlake :icon_redface: looked over a gate and there was this bunny sat munching some grass about 20yds away i leaned on the gate and took the shot thwack straight in the brain :toast: run in quickly while still shaking like a leaf, picked up the bunny and got home asap to show everyone

Zak

My most memorable shots have been:

1. The Mouse in the Neck with a .177 springer
  2. The Mouse that I shot in the back and opened up with the .22 I still cant believe the cheek of that little fury :censored:
  3. My 1st ever bunny taken with my SMK mod19 in .22
  4. And my most memorable one was the Bunny that was heading directly towards me, stopped, yawned and caught the .22 slug from my AA S200 at the back of its throat; severing its spinal column :clapper:

Phantom

hi guys thaught i would join in and share my greatest shot. it was about a year ago when i first picked up a air rifle realy. i was sitting in my mates garden with a tinny when a pidgeon flew and landed on a tree some 30/35 m away. i decided to have a go at it and picked up my mates webley stingray 1. i cocked and loaded and took aim using a wheelie bin as support. with the wind and the pidgeon flapping about i aimed a little above and to the left. i fired and saw the critter drop without any flapping what so ever which i thaught was unusual. when i went to get it a i realised why, i couldnt see where id hit it at first, but when i picked it up its head was holding on by the tinyest thread of skin i have ever seen. still chuffed to this day that i swatted a pidgeons head off,haha. tasted nice too

hep!!!!

Cant say that i have ever seen a birds head hanging off Heppi, but maybe your pals Webley was in .25 calibre you never said.

Maybe thats what a .25 would do.

Never the less a great shot mate.

Zini

shot a rabbit [bANNED TEXT] through the nose from side on it just jumped about and squeeled till i ran over and grabed it . about 25-30 yards with a webley tracker

If thats your most spectacular shot, I dread to think what you like on a bad day. Maybe you should get a spud gun for awhile?

I dont know my most spectacular shot... The ones that stick out are the ones where you push the boundries a bit, but the result is exactly as you intended.

Few weeks ago had a bunny about 40 or so large paces, gentle but enough wind to move the pellet an inch or two max on target.

Aimed about 1.5 inches on target above and 2 inches to the right. Waited for a consist blust and the shot sailed to exactly where I wanted. I cant actually think of one time the HW95K has missed me a shot that wasnt my fault. Top springer.

All the best

keep shooting

Edited by JackReid

i had a rapid 7 many years ago when they were the first of there kind, had my longest and best shots with this gun.

longest, rabbit at 70 paces

most memereble a squirrel up a tree about 35-40 yards i could only see his ear sticking out above a branch, put the pellet staight in his ear :gunsmilie:

If that’s your most spectacular shot, I dread to think what you like on a bad day. Maybe you should get a spud gun for awhile?

JackReid,

There is no need to bring the lad down, that’s not the idea about the post that i started friend. It's for people to share with us whats memorable to them.

If you wanted me to be really honest with you friend, I know guys on here that make the type of shot that you are talking about on a daily basis.

Your shot isn’t really something to brag about after bringing a person down for sharing with us all something memorable to him.

Please dont take this the wrong way, but there are regulars on here that are trying hard to get new blood into our sport. This is done by being kind, patient, helpful and passing on our experience.

Zini

If that’s your most spectacular shot, I dread to think what you like on a bad day. Maybe you should get a spud gun for awhile?

JackReid,

There is no need to bring the lad down, that’s not the idea about the post that i started friend. It's for people to share with us whats memorable to them.

If you wanted me to be really honest with you friend, I know guys on here that make the type of shot that you are talking about on a daily basis.

Your shot isn’t really something to brag about after bringing a person down for sharing with us all something memorable to him.

Please dont take this the wrong way, but there are regulars on here that are trying hard to get new blood into our sport. This is done by being kind, patient, helpful and passing on our experience.

Zini

I had a rabbit , that was running to its bury , hit it at 94 yards with my QB78 , stone dead .

JackReid,

Zini

Well said sir!

Sib