Most spectacular shot

zini

Well lads seeing thats its so quiet in here over the past few days i thought i better get a post going that all can get involved in.

Lets here about the shooters most spectacular shot. One shot that they will always remember either due to range, accuracy or something else.

The rules are that the post cant be more than a quarter of a page as we will never get through them all, and they have to be shooters honour and true.

Ill start the post with mine

When out ferretting with a cousin about 4 years ago i was watching the nets on the right hand side of a hedge on a freshly ploughed field. A bunny hopped out the hedge a good distance infront of me. I instinctly lifted my old Stealth 2000 and aimed about 3 inches above its head as i had no mil dot at the time but knew the bunny was far. My normal zero is 30 metres.

I pulled the trigger from a standing shot and watched the bunny topple over dead 2 seconds later with just one kick of its back leg. I walked over to the bunny and picked him up while examining him to find a clinical brain shot. When i turned around and looked at my footprints in the field I then realised just how far it was. I paced my way back in a straight line and found it to be 63 metres. This was with a 12 FP Stealth 2000. This is my best ever shot. My witness is also on the forum. My cousin shanebuchanan.

Zini

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

well the best shot ive ever had was a woody at about 35 yards the pellet went in one eye and out of the other with no other damage to the head and the best shot ive ever seen was done by my friend a jackdaw at about 60-70 paces through 4 different sections of wire fence and a headshot.

Richard

my best shot wasnt too far away maybe 30yards but at this time my sights were not in line. and are never in line to be honest with you! it was on the lamp it was on its back legs and cracked it in the back of the head. i was rather chuffed haaha

Ive never done that brianL84 but have pieced a few bunny ears in my time then shot them again weeks later and found them with a hole in their ears. None of them were wearing ear rings though :rolleyes:

Zini

Edited by zini

i was out after squirrels a few years ago and followed one for ages through the trees then i broke cover to go after it and it dove into a summer drey so at this point i take a shot at the underside of the drey to see if i could get him to poke his head out about 3seconds after the shot he rolled out and fell at my feet stone dead i didn't expect the pellet to go through the drey or i wouldn't have taken the shot but must have just found a thin area that happened to be in line with the sqizzers heart :o

Adam

Best shot for me was a big rabbit sat out on freshly ploughed field faceing into a breeze and i was side on to it . gun zeroed at 30 paces and like you zini no mil dots to help gave it a couple of inches above its ear and slightly to the left to compensate the breeze which was blowing a bit harder by then . To make matters worse i was lying in the furrow uncomfy as hell sqeezed the trigger bang it was down. Got up and paced it out 52 paces and bang in the noggin i will never know if it was good judgement or pure fluke but i prefer to go with good shot lol :clapper: FV

thats an easy one for me can you remember those cleaning pellets you can buy well when me and marksman were kids (well about 16) i had an hw80 and wor kid was about 30 mtrs going up to our nanna's i decided to see how far a cleaning pellet could travel ..... you should of seen the bruise on his arse lol i know it was daft but kids will be kids

atb gary

Best shot that Really sticks in my mind is from around ten years ago. Myself and a couple of mates were shooting rabbits with a gun id just sold him. Hed been in and out the shop for weeks looking at it and he was busting to get out. I took along my old TX200 and had shot a couple at normal ranges.

We both noticed a bunnie sat in front of a fenceline around 70 yards of. The bunny presented such a shot that meant a headshot or a miss so he got his pre-charge on it and missed.

I thought id have a go. I guessed and aimed well above its head and as I fired there was a second or two silence followed by a wallop as the pellet struck home. The rabbit jumped high in the air and hit the ground stone dead.As I write this I can see it in my head as if it were yesterday.

Not something I try often, but the conditions were ideal and the placement of the pellet perfect. One in a million im sure.

I never did pace the shot out so 70 yards is a guesstimate, but looking back I wish I did !

Nice post lads, there is some good shooting there.

Zini

Not when you're on the receiving end it's not...... :tongue2:

If I'm honest with myself, I don't think I have one shot in particular that sticks out, apart from a 40yrd shot at a beer can taken by my missus with my old HW97K.....

After never firing a rifle before she managed to hit it at the 3rd and 4th attempt...here's the vid....

http://s39.photobucket.com/albums/e165/Mar...=video-0001.flv

Before any health and safety people start, it was videoed from behind the big oak tree you can see on the left at the beginning of the video

Darryl

Dont really shoot much with air gun now but i do have a couple of good memorys of some shots taken with my old super sport,

I live in a village out in the sticks and my mate had just passed his driving test, so we went for a drive, scanning the fields as we went, a cock pheasant sat out in the fields strutting his stuff (i know, but when your young most things are fair game) he see me and crouched down in a wheeling with only his head showing just had to have a go, crack he was doing somersaults all over the place, paced it out it was 28 RUNNING paces i thought that was quite a good shot cause when ur stopped on the side of the road shooting it makes ur adrenaline pump up a bit and had to run out to get it before any one see me.

atb nod