Guest Gregg Barrow

Kiwi,

I appreciate it.

Gotta admit, myself and a lot of guys around here drool over the “Life’s a Boar†web site. The country you guys have to hunt is incredible!

Thanks for the info.

Gregg

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Gregg Barrow

Stabs, I like the head on her, its reasonable compared to some of the dogs I’ve seen here.

And she does have more leg under her then most of our local dogs.

Question:

A friend had a young puppy that was coming along nice and the dog almost passed out biting the sleeve one night. I panicked (thought it was something I had done) and he said “not to worry, that after the dog’s surgery he would be fine†:blink:

These are heavy Johnson type dogs and Donnie said that the dogs needed a flap of skin removed, or cut back in his nasal passage? I’m not sure if I’m stating this correctly.

But he mentioned that it was common in some lines, and that he had the same surgery performed on one of his catch dogs that suffered from the same problem; it all worked out.

Has anyone heard of this?

The puppy was back three weeks later and breathing a whole lot better. :thumbs-up:

Best ,

Gregg

different countries, different hunting, nz is hills, mountains, ice cold rivers and heavy wet rainforest, pine forests,we hunt on foot or horseback in some inhospitable places and carry our pigs out on our backs, wild pork is a valuable food source to most kiwi's. aussie is a land of extremes but alot of hunting is done off the back of a 4x4 ute in flat country, alot of aussies hunt in tropical rain forest as well similar to how we do it in nz. we do it alot harder over here :11: just get hold of an aussie dvd and a kiwi dvd and the difference is easy to see.

Guest oldskool

i have two dvds one is lifes a boar and the other is doggin boars. no offense to newzealanders but in my opinion the dogs in lifes a boar were pretty tame. while holding the pig at bay some of them would piss off for a crap and then come back to bark a bit more. :) ..

:11: when ya gotta go ya gotta go. using bailing dogs is not as impressive as watching a dog go hard out for the hold, but there is alot more to keeping a bailed pig in one place while the hunter makes his way there, can take up to an hour to get through some bush to a boar sometimes if they pull him up ages away from where they first found him, tracking gear has made the job alot easier. if ya class the boars as tame ya just haven't a clue on how a pack of dogs can contain an animal for that amount of time, the boar is actually stumped and is thinking his next move :hmm: he knows that if he bolts he's gonna get nailed in the arse end again. put ya self in the cameramans shoes and jump down there and see how tame he is :icon_redface: he will not be as tame as a aussie boar being held by a pack of holders after a 200m run.