help with night vision

Alright lads I am looking at buying a night vision scope and wanted some advice on whats good and whats not I have been told that you can get them that go on your scope to make it night vision and then you can take it of easily when shooting in the day time just want to get some info dont want to be spending the kids college fund on one but dont want tacky cheap crap niether so a middle range one this will be used for rabbit and rat thanks in advance guys and any pictures of your n.v's would be great.

I own an S50 Pro, use would probably be the wrong term.....

they're fairly heavy, have low magnification, usually 2/3x but you can buy doublers.

I bought mine in the hope it would get some action, as of yet, its still to emerge from under the stairs....

some models have built in IR, which is ok upto about 30/40 yds, but for anything more you'd need an external IR illuminator and eyes like a sh*t house rat.....

i do like mine, but its not best combined with a HW77 thats for sure, i'm currently trying to swap/sell my stoeger .177 to fund a new pcp to house my NVRS.

I suppose it would depend more on how much you can justify buying one, ie usage etc.

i paid £350 for mine, and its not got a single kill to its name.... :icon_redface:

Hopefully next few months might change that though.

I'd certainly advise a dedicated NVRS, and steer clear of any attachments etc.

Gen1+ are ok, Gen2 are very good but also very pricey....

there's another bbs with a specific NV section that might be of use, but i'm not sure if i'm allowed to say that..... :whistling: I hear there also one on here...... :doh:

Hope this Helps

Daz.

Edited by warbiscuit
I've had ns156 and atn390 dedicated gen 1, but now use a merlin cobra add on and 90mw laser on a fac rapid with 4-12x40 trophy scope and a 75mw ir led for close ratting. Also sees service on a .22lr.

neil

Any chance you could post some details on the merlin cobra?

cheers DT

Here's mine ....

post-30157-1256911847.jpg

Edited by warbiscuit

If you have the budget my advice would be to jump to Gen 2, Gen2+ as sooner or later you will want one anyway, it is the natural progression!

If you are only shooting with air rifles then Gen 1 with alaser IR should do fine.

What distances are you going to shoot?