Old type ferrets

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nice pair of Albinos John.   Small Ferrets are nice to have, just that bit easier for everything   Cheers,   Shaun

I also keep a hutch full of the greyhound type, although none of mine are albino , polecats and silvers

I can remember ferrets kept by old poachers [bANNED TEXT] i was a kid that were always albinos and slim with arched backs as i got older i did put this down to the bred & milk diet that was mainly

Posted Images

a good ferret should stay till the berry is cleared of rabbits whether there dead or alive,i do have 1 one that will kill an leave but he only gets worked in really hard or immpossible places to dig,i call him the jacker lol

mine will kill and stay and there the ones i only breed from i know if they kill they will have to be dug out

I breed the other way round, Quick positive workers, rarely stay to a dead rabbit. As i said before, i think it's personal preference.

mine will kill and stay and there the ones i only breed from i know if they kill they will have to be dug out

I think yours are used to the sound of you digging to them tho, they hang about with the dead rabbit knowing they'll get lifted out :D:D

I think yours are used to the sound of you digging to them tho, they hang about with the dead rabbit knowing they'll get lifted out :D:D

Well the last two days have proved that

• 5 months later...

A few years ago when I was a youth [ about the time England won the world cup ] nearly all the ferrets around my area were whites quite long and thin with an arched back and it seemed to be a long way from their front legs to their nose which was long and snipy not like the ones I have now small and short coupled with a round face they work very well but I would like to get some of the old type ones if any one breeds them like that any more. If any one does breed them like this and has a couple spare please get in touch . pokey

I put the feelers out about this type of ferret and a few people have then so if anyone is breeding this year and have a couple of jills spare please let me know thanks Pokey