Old type ferrets

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nice pair of Albinos John.   Small Ferrets are nice to have, just that bit easier for everything   Cheers,   Shaun

I also keep a hutch full of the greyhound type, although none of mine are albino , polecats and silvers

I can remember ferrets kept by old poachers [bANNED TEXT] i was a kid that were always albinos and slim with arched backs as i got older i did put this down to the bred & milk diet that was mainly

Posted Images

i have a few 'greyhoundy' type ferrets,an albino,couple of silvers and a couple of polecat,the silvers and poleys have been line br while,all are jills,none are for sale,i have noticed jills are usually of the greyhound type,don't think i've ever seen a hob with this conformation,would this be a sex gene that is dominant and only shows in females perhaps?

Higgins.

had greyhound ferrets put my old jill ,away last week she was nine most were white long and muscular ,not weedy ,in my young days my mated dad had greyhound ferets and we had them one popped up every now and then had ayoung one two seasons ago but got nailed with a pattterreir she was the last of theline there stillsome about as ive bred litters of them , long strong and do a days graft , the ferrets i see nowadays some i wouldnt tolerate ,even my own ones if they dont do it well good nite for them , we always had white firrrets as boys and were long and muscular types , theres been threads about this type before

• 2 weeks later...
I can remember ferrets kept by old poachers [bANNED TEXT] i was a kid that were always albinos and slim with arched backs as i got older i did put this down to the bred & milk diet that was mainly fed in them days.atb dell

my old uncle worked this type of greyhound ferret for years, as like all the old poachers he always fed mainly bread and milk,he always kept hobs which were hard and strong workers,these ferrets were from abbot brothers from norfolk, who used to sell them in the exchange n mart,some of todays strain of these ferrets will possibly go back to their breeding, sadly i lost the last of the breed some years ago, far superior to the micky mouse ferrets being bred today.

saw ferrets from abbotsford 16 years ago white orange hobs and long geyhoundy females ,got tons of pics of the old greyhound types very few good ones about ,like most of the things nowadays they are not bred for work go to a lurcher show a ferret show ,dont seeemany hardbit poaching characters there who lived of the land as did there animals all maby pamby ferrets and dogs , i,m not in favour of ferret clubs shows , alot of nonsense at times ,ferret road shows , i look at aferret as atool to work if there crap a long sleep full stop

saw ferrets from abbotsford 16 years ago white orange hobs and long geyhoundy females ,got tons of pics of the old greyhound types very few good ones about ,like most of the things nowadays they are not bred for work go to a lurcher show a ferret show ,dont seeemany hardbit poaching characters there who lived of the land as did there animals all maby pamby ferrets and dogs , i,m not in favour of ferret clubs shows , alot of nonsense at times ,ferret road shows , i look at aferret as atool to work if there crap a long sleep full stop

Whin

If you got some pictures of old type ferrets could you get some on here please pokey

nope , and mate i will not put ferrets or pics up for gloaters and picture thieves, in in a book didnt even f*****g no about it , stole the pics i put up of a mate but i will get to the bottom of it if its bullshit fine if not therel be a knock on the door ,