MINSHAW BULL UP 4 STUD

Guest jordbullcross

The thing is that a dog with Bull in it is high drive, high pain threshold so it will still run even with flat, sore feet or whatever. But sooner or later that dog will go very lame: how many dogs with flat feet are still running and doing the business at 6 or 7 years old?

I've seen plenty of Saluki crosses with crap flat feet too, and they don't last the distance either in terms of years: like has already been said: good Saluki types have long, oval shaped feet with well arched toes and their running style is completely different to that of a Bull cross which hits the ground much harder at every stride when running.

I'll take some pics of my Saluki lurcher's feet and they are just as I described and the dog can run on hard, rubbly drilling with no problem.

Taffybull: those are wonderful feet aren't they!

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Best to just fcuk off and let the lad alone with his dog, start another threat regarding feet.

Well said mate,, to many knockers f*****g up peoples threads it a disgrace,,where the hell are the mod team...

AT THE END OF THE DAY I OWN HIM I NO [bANNED TEXT] HES LIKE I NO [bANNED TEXT] HE CAN DO HE f*****g RECKS STUFF 110% And ive kept two pups out ov him nd my bitch AS I SAY TARL ACCSEPT SO CUM ND TRY HIM OUT

AS I Says [bANNED TEXT] THIS STIE IS FULL OF IDIOTS WHO R JUST JEALOUS c**ts NO TIMEWASTERS NEW PICS ON SOON !!!!

The site is full of know it alls mate,, wouldnt bother posting him for stud on here,, its a common thing in bull x lurchers to see feet like that,, if people aint noticed that by now the they aint seen many lurchers with bull blood in them,, no its not the best thing in the world but it aint the worst,, if the dogs got the minerals mate and it kills what it should then thats the proof of the pudding,, you offer a trial too so youre willing to back it up i take it !, good on you.

quite right merle, its a common thing in bull crosses to see flat feet, but its still a fault :yes:

now this do may still do the bussness , but just think , could he do it better with better feet????? ;)

The thing is that a dog with Bull in it is high drive, high pain threshold so it will still run even with flat, sore feet or whatever. But sooner or later that dog will go very lame: how many dogs with flat feet are still running and doing the business at 6 or 7 years old?

HHmmm,...... Skycat i know of bull crosses that have low pain thresholds. I have seen a great many saluki crosses that would run until they dropped, hard ground or no hard ground. A member on here had a good dog (scout)with very flat feet and i saw that put up some superb performances on quarry and , (i will stand corrected) i don't think it ever got a foot injury. Indeed, isnt there more chance of a foot injury in a tightly clenched foot? I think people make the mistake of not realising that a dog has its feet outstretched when running. When injuries happen the foot on most dogs are outstretched. This, in itself, i think disproves any "flat footed" arguements.

However.... With reference to bull blooded dogs, i do beleive they have "weak" toes. Now this isnt a pop at bull crosses for i do like that type of dog, even though they are not suitable for the rabbiting i do these day. However, i honestly think that the toes on certain types of bull cross are not up to it. the addition of collie or saluki into bull/greyhounds will , In my humble opinion, give better feet......But this is only one persons opinion on the subject.....good Hunting....JD

The bottom line is, this dog may catch a lot of game and be an absolute legend but its feet are shite.........now this lad aint going to be offering the dogs services for free so you may as well find a good dog that has good feet if your paying, know what I mean. ;)

Why bother to breed from a dog with a defect when thier are probaly loads of equally good dogs with no defect.

Simple really.

HHmmm,...... Skycat i know of bull crosses that have low pain thresholds. I have seen a great many saluki crosses that would run until they dropped, hard ground or no hard ground. A member on here had a good dog (scout)with very flat feet and i saw that put up some superb performances on quarry and , (i will stand corrected) i don't think it ever got a foot injury. Indeed, isnt there more chance of a foot injury in a tightly clenched foot? I think people make the mistake of not realising that a dog has its feet outstretched when running. When injuries happen the foot on most dogs are outstretched. This, in itself, i think disproves any "flat footed" arguements.

However.... With reference to bull blooded dogs, i do beleive they have "weak" toes. Now this isnt a pop at bull crosses for i do like that type of dog, even though they are not suitable for the rabbiting i do these day. However, i honestly think that the toes on certain types of bull cross are not up to it. the addition of collie or saluki into bull/greyhounds will , In my humble opinion, give better feet......But this is only one persons opinion on the subject.....good Hunting....JD

Atlast someone who knows what he talking about for themselves and not just going off common hearsay,,, i have smallish bitch with very tight high feet and she is forever knocking toes up,,theres no give in them, rough ground would mash them up good style,, all this tight feet is utter crap imo,, but there that many know it alls on here its unreal.

The bottom line is, this dog may catch a lot of game and be an absolute legend but its feet are shite.........now this lad aint going to be offering the dogs services for free so you may as well find a good dog that has good feet if your paying, know what I mean. ;)

Why bother to breed from a dog with a defect when thier are probaly loads of equally good dogs with no defect.

Simple really.

Its only a defect if it hinders the running ability of the dog in anyway,, if it isnt a problem then why the issue.

Simple really.

Its only a defect if it hinders the running ability of the dog in anyway,, if it isnt a problem then why the issue.

No, a defect is a defect end of..........and as I said, if your paying you may as well have good feet as bad huh ;)

Simple really.

I have just read thru the whole thread and mearle you type utter shite mate, what the hell are you on about.

Simple really.

I have just read thru the whole thread and mearle you type utter shite mate, what the hell are you on about.

We each have are own oppinions on what we do and how we do it,, so what gives you the wright to say i type utter shit !! i have given my oppinion on the subject and iam not the only one who thinks the same,, look up,, like i say it is pretty common for bull xs to have feet which spread a bit, people should know that by know theres enough of them about ! Its nothing new, and iam sure the dog does what he says it does ,, he offered a trial,, so why all the bitching and nitpicking at the subject,, if you aint interested in the dog for one reason or another then do one and leave the shit throwing out.

If the dog was half starved or abused then i could understand the comments but f**k me,, some of the folk on here go on asif there at crufts, it a joke, its like police interigation online,, the mods should really pull there socks up on this..so many threads going off track due to the golden boys policeing everyone. :no:

Edited by merle24

I think the main problem with bullx and feet problems stems from the fact that they are quite heavy dogs for their size. Ie, a bullx dog standing at 27" is more than likely going to be alot heavier than other x,s of this size,eg saluki/grey or collie/grey. I personally know of bullx dogs that stand at 27" and weigh in in excess of 90 to 100lb. Of course at this weight foot problems are going to occur. Also the running gait of a bullx has an adverse effect on its joints and feet. Hence the shattered and broken toes much associated with the bullx. atb stabba

tell you what if you all went on about my dog like this i would just say me and you lets go and see how bad my dog is. you al got nothing better to do than talk crap about someones dog.if you spent as much time with your dogs as you do bitching you would be doing ok .bunch of girls throwig the hanbags about on here

Its not about what the dog can do or can't do its about breeding off a dog with obviously what looks like poor feet ...ask yourself would you be happy paying £120-£150 for a pup and finding out its feet are bad 12 months after bringing it on ...would you buy a pup if you saw the sire with feet like that ..i know what my answer is

I understand this is a thread about a guy offering his dog as a stud dog... He has put a photo of this stud dog, so potenial suitors can see him. Fair enough!!!

But... If the dog in question has a fault of somekind (which this dog does with flat/spread feet) Surely people who are not interested in using him for stud allowed to point this out to the people who may be interested in using him for stud.

For no matter what anyone says the feet on this dog are not right, whether or not he runs well is besides the point, his feet arent how a running dogs feet should be!!

No matter how you try to sugar coat it, by saying some dogs have this feet, blah blah. Everyone is entitled to point the facts out to other members who may not notice or understand certain points and attributes of breeding animals.

The dog is a beauty,but he has bad feet, I think with hard-road work the feet would come up.

So those members who say other members should F**k off and stop ruining the thread should head their own advice. IMHO