MINSHAW BULL UP 4 STUD

Guest jordbullcross

I am not running the dog down he looks quality, but I have to admit his feet was the first thing I looked at and I agree they are flat and spread. It looks like he is kept on soft ground and needs road walking.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Paul scotland
If you need me to explain why poor feet are a bad thing then you anit worth explain it to judt think about it

You obviously just picking fault for nothing mate,,if it doesnt impare the dogs running ability whats the problem,,spread feet are better on soft groung or plough anyway as they spread the weight and stop the dog from digging in,, reason why saluki have spread feet for running on soft ground , sand..

If you think that spread feet are better then thats up to you,

But where in the uk and the ground aint always soft think about

what would happen to spread toes on hard ground or after a good frost you might be the kind that sits waiting till is soft how knows but i anit

id have to agree, feet are awfull on it. a dog having very neat,tight feet is a big issue for me as the ground i run is'nt forgiving.

feet like that will be prone to injury on hard,rough ground.

So a saluki whch has spread feet carnt handle hard ground,,they run all types of terrain,, soft sand to hard stoney mountanious ground with half ender sized stone everywhere,, bull crosses feet will spread when standing still as therre heavier framed amnimals,,not sure its such a bad thing for the job they do,,if it was a straight track greyound and were after pure speed then yeah its a big fault, but for what there used for ! nah.

i have to disagree with you merle, not all bullxs feet will spread as you stated. i for one own a halfx bullgreyhound witch is some lump of a dog i can asure you hes got feet like a cat, a dog thats bred well and well worked and exsersized should have good feet. heres a picture of my dogs feet, dont look wide open and spread to me? and hes a 65lb dog

IMG_0299.jpg

Guest Paul scotland

Good feet there taffy,

but merel thinks a dog that dont have splead feet will sink in soft ground :wallbash: ,

Well taffy does that dog struggle to run on any ground and at 65lb he's a lump...

Now merel look at that dogs feet and go back and look at the first pic and tell me what feet YOU would prefer HONESTLY

i have to disagree with you merle, not all bullxs feet will spread as you stated. i for one own a halfx bullgreyhound witch is some lump of a dog i can asure you hes got feet like a cat, a dog thats bred well and well worked and exsersized should have good feet. heres a picture of my dogs feet, dont look wide open and spread to me? and hes a 65lb dog

IMG_0299.jpg

Never said all mate,, but a fair fair few have,, its deffo due to the bull blood as you dont see it so oftern in other crosses.

Good feet there taffy,

but merel thinks a dog that dont have splead feet will sink in soft ground :wallbash: ,

Well taffy does that dog struggle to run on any ground and at 65lb he's a lump...

Now merel look at that dogs feet and go back and look at the first pic and tell me what feet YOU would prefer HONESTLY

Doesnt make a bit of difference to me what its feet look like,, if it does the job a kills what it should then thats that,,and yes pined feet will sink into soft plough and drain a dog fast.

Guest Paul scotland
Good feet there taffy,

Doesnt make a bit of difference to me what its feet look like,, if it does the job a kills what it should then thats that,,and yes pined feet will sink into soft plough and drain a dog fast.

So your saying all the real stayer on the fens before the ban had poor/splead feet then,

listen all iam saying is the feet on that dog anit great simple,

You got your views and i have mine and we will leave it at that dont want to make more people think that feet like that are a sought after thing in any cross you'll have young lads thinking there dogs are going to sink now cause they have nice tight feet ....

Edited by Paul scotland
how much minshaw is in the dog? that dog is out of zip aint he?zip had very little minshaw in him,did your dogs dam have minshaw in it? not interested in a line off him just wondered as i owned zip years ago.

cheers hbg

are we talking about the same zip 26 brindle if so i got a pup here bredd same way as blue dog and so have my mates there feet are ok i no that blue dog i heard they was a litter going round up north out of him i no for certain it storms them other things ?but i can honestly vouch for zip to say he was good in his day dead now though .rip.

If you need me to explain why poor feet are a bad thing then you anit worth explain it to judt think about it

You obviously just picking fault for nothing mate,,if it doesnt impare the dogs running ability whats the problem,,spread feet are better on soft groung or plough anyway as they spread the weight and stop the dog from digging in,, reason why saluki have spread feet for running on soft ground , sand..

theres no desert in britain mate