Sign in to follow this  
RicW

Long range sights

I have to disagree on leupolds and low light, imo they are certainly no better than nightforce ( in fact I would goes as far as to say i would rather use a nightforce than leupold any day of the week; although I havent looked through one of the new range) and certainly nowhere near the league of schmidts, swaro's and zeiss... hence its better to try a few to see how your eyes get on with them. :tongue2:

I have to disagree on leupolds and low light, imo they are certainly no better than nightforce ( in fact I would goes as far as to say i would rather use a nightforce than leupold any day of the week; although I havent looked through one of the new range) and certainly nowhere near the league of schmidts, swaro's and zeiss... hence its better to try a few to see how your eyes get on with them. :tongue2:

i had a mate buy a nightforce for stalking we went out one morning and he couldn't see the deer through his scope...

while i could clearly make them out with the leupold..... he sold it the following week............ :whistling:

Snap.

i had a mate buy a nightforce for stalking we went out one morning and he couldn't see the deer through his scope...

while i could clearly make them out with the leupold..... he sold it the following week............ :whistling:

Snap.

Tho we're getting a bit off thread here I LURV this argument. I like the idea of Kahles as low light level scopes. They make a main point of using glass which transmits the wavelengths to which the human eye is most sensitive at low intensity. Don't like their reticles tho.

By the way, a "reticule" is a handbag . . .

Ric