peterhesd geese

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

mate theres no daylight here just now cos the skys fkn black wi geese but theres a distinct lack of stubble

fields compared to usual was shooting them on saturday there at dusk when they were flighting back to

strathbeg stoped at 5 they were that low wi the gales i could honestly have grabbed them

coming over the barbed wire fence with my hands and to top it off i got a fox heading up to the policies

on the estate and the keeper was there to see it

by the way the worse the weather the better

Edited by chay
HI FOLKS im headin to peterhead on sunday we are shooting mon, tue ,wed, is there many geese in the area yet. weather poor lookin for monday lotta rain due but if the geese come we wont feel it lol. let me know guys, regards geordie

Loads o geese up here more round the Fraseburgh side and up country towards Banff and Turriff who you coming up to shoot with there is some good guides and some realy bad ones

good luck anyway

Bobby

The happy group of hunters in Peterhead......................

That will be the same ones you left with sandy Strachen when you got chased out of Aberdeenshire and told not to come back.

Is he still going/alive ? What a miserable sod he was !!

He used to go out spraying his fields with wheat at night to keep the geese coming in. Is that common practice with the guides around there ?

Yip thought there would be no responce far the peterheed key bashers

Yip a old b.....d so he is all good until you do something goes wrong but yes he is a basc guide but feed's his fields and spings them in the evening along as shooting well over the basc code of 5 geese per client and letting them stay out to 11am in the morning.

I hear he is not getting many geese on his fields now anyway as the geese are moving well inland up there now info comes fae a contact that is out with old sandy this week

Regards

yeah sandys still on the go i live nae to far from him actually infact there must be 4 or 5 guides near me .

theres a guy started a game processing and plucking venture up aswell round the corner. wildfow;er 2007 i couldnt do what you lads do

chasing geese id be a bag of fkn nerves by february fair play to the guides for the chasing of geese

Edited by chay

I go out with ian Gill of North east shooting breaks a couple of times during the season, and my experiences have always been good. Good price, good laugh, not involved in slagging off everyone else and safe. I had my first day of the season last week, and we had a cracker, just north of strathbeg, and birds were moving in huge numbers. I actually found it difficult when a large number of tightly packed birds come in, my instinct was just to shoot into the middle, and not target birds! Once i calmed down ( only my second season on the geese) and got rid of the new season nerves i had a great flight, with birds coming in every 10 minutes or so.

we are not out until later in the season again, but looking forward to it. We do a day on the decoys at the beginning of the season and a day on a flightline at the end. I may go for another day on the decoys if i get some swine flu leave in december! :icon_redface:

What is a key basher, never heard that one before?

Edited by DIVERD

Hi Diverd,

Well one of our client's mate's was shooting with ian gill last week with his young son was you out along with these two lads they also had a good time with ian.

I dont usual slag other guides just that lad above said i got chased out of aberdeenshire which is a complete lie so what have i to do sit and take his lies no chance.

Chay the lad youe on about is sandy's new guide and hlep along davie not the most up to date with goose shooting just got plenty of cash from selling his fishing boat

Yip it's a crazy cut throat business this old goose shooting

Regards

That could easily have been me. I was out with a nice chap from south england, with his teanage son and little lad, who was in charge of the biscuits! we had a cracking flight, and i got the birds i wanted, so all good.

I was tempted to go out again in the next week or so, but think i will wait a while, and finish of the buck season first.

D