What Gun???

Guest drewfearn

Guest drewfearn

Howdo all,

Just wanted some advice really. At the moment I have a BSA Super Ten Bull Barrel and find it a bit to heavy. I have seen the theoben range and they all look mint!! I cant decide which one to get the MFR or the MK 2.

Basically I would be using it for ratting and shottin the odd rabbit.

If not theoben which gun would you recommend~

cheers

drew

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I use a mk1 and rate it massively I also find it a pretty light rifle and I've got a walnut thumbhole on it.

My mate offered me his absolutely mint MFR the other day with a simmons gold 3.5-12 (I think) x 44 gold mag scope and 7 shot mag and single mag for £550. I was well keen as it is as new but I'm just having another mk1 put together on ticket and spending too much on that with night viz.I really rate them for all field work and I've had a few going back 25 years.

I appreciate the air arms is probably better value for money but I've developed a real thing for the rapids.

If you're keen on this MFR it is 100% as new then let me know, he's not desperate to sell it he just offered it me in conversation like. My mates more of a collector than a user. I doubt its done more than 100 shots and never in the wet.

Guest kassinopious

i have no experience with theoben, although i did consider a few when i went to buy my gun.

Went for the daystate harrier x2 in the end, cant go wrong with it.

If you go for a theoben post a review on here somewhere, i might invest in one in the future :)

• 3 weeks later...
i have no experience with theoben, although i did consider a few when i went to buy my gun.

Went for the daystate harrier x2 in the end, cant go wrong with it.

If you go for a theoben post a review on here somewhere, i might invest in one in the future :)

I've got a X2 Sports and like you said, can't go wrong and is a much lighter rifle than the MK1 Rapid I had in .22.

But and it's a big but! The Rapid was one of the very first that were available and in the end I swapped it a few weeks ago for the Pro Sport set up I also have. The point I want to make is that the Theoben is a much heavier gun, I guess I had it for ten years plus, (getting old, can't remember how long :icon_eek: ), during which time, all I had to do to it was fill the buddy bottle, load the mags and find what it was bought for!!!

It never failed once in all that time and still had the original seals in it. It was a shorter rifle than what I use now which can be an asset it tight situations, so I think they are one of the best rifle available.....Al ;)