Sign in to follow this  
lindsay

Shredded paper for dog beds

Hello all,I am thinking of using shredded paper for dog bedding as my dogs just rip up all bedding i put in :wallbash: .

So was wondering what your thoughts are on this stuff,andwere to get it and prices ect?

ATB Lindsay

Hello all,I am thinking of using shredded paper for dog bedding as my dogs just rip up all bedding i put in :wallbash: .

So was wondering what your thoughts are on this stuff,andwere to get it and prices ect?

ATB Lindsay

personally i dont like it unless you are prepared to replace it every 2 or 3 days, as it compresses and damp dogs turn it into paper mache!!

i use the shredded greyhound paper and i find it brilliant i fluff it up every couple of days and a bedfull will last me a month in the wsummer and around 2 to 3 weeks in the winter ... because it is a grease proof type paper it doesnt stay wet and dry's the dogs out very quickly when in from a day working ... i have tried every type of bedding there is and this stuff is by far the best .... if it is good enough for a priceless derby winning dog its good enough for mine ............

hi lindsay, i use it when i have a pup on, for in the crate,i found when i used blankets etc.. they would soil them,but with paper it didnt happen they would scuff around and make a bed,they looked very cosy,try greyhound warehouse atb jamiew,

lyndsey i can get very good stuff it would do your dogs all winter its made for the towling they make nappies tea bags from a big bale would cost you ten to 15 opound its bailed and you need two to lift it its the best ive had in 25 years ,change it weekly or fortnightly very good and would last you months and months a real saving pm me im in the borders of scotland , if your trust worthy you can see the condition of my dogs there gleamin and kept real warm and drys of quick on it

You should be able to get it from an equestrian shop but personally I found it seemed to get everywhere and as someone else has already mentioned once it's wet then forget it.

I use chopped straw also from an equestrian shop and find it much better and it only costs around the same at £6ish a bale, thst lasts forever.

Adam

use shreaded (grease proof)/wax paper tried the rest normal paper turns to mush when the dogs are wet. shreaded jay clothes get everywhere and block everything up. a 12 kilo bail will cost you about 8 quid. good stuff give it a try.

Were do you get the waxed paper from lads? ;)

where abouts in wales are you fella ???

Were do you get the waxed paper from lads? ;)

where abouts in wales are you fella ???

Im from south wales mate any place around cardiff/valleys you know of? Thanks

yes mate ystrad mynach dog track ... the guy delivers paper there ...........

lyndsey i can get very good stuff it would do your dogs all winter its made for the towling they make nappies tea bags from a big bale would cost you ten to 15 opound its bailed and you need two to lift it its the best ive had in 25 years ,change it weekly or fortnightly very good and would last you months and months a real saving pm me im in the borders of scotland , if your trust worthy you can see the condition of my dogs there gleamin and kept real warm and drys of quick on it

two folk too lift it :clapper::clapper:

seriously though you can get the stuff whin is talkin about and then get the shredded plastic stuff and add a bit too it. it doesn't seem to squash down the same.

yes mate ystrad mynach dog track ... the guy delivers paper there ...........

Im about 20 minutes from ystrad dog track :D thanks socks :thumbs:

ATB Lindsay

i would not use it when it gets cold the paper draws the damp in and it stays damp and cold for the dogs i dont evan use it in the ferret kit.

you try and feel it at night mate when its cold you can feel how damp it is and we all think wow this is good for them when we are just adding problems to there health