East Of England Show-October 11th

From wat i have read on here these shows seem awash with dog theives all the more reason i dont go to them anymore :wallbash::angry:

I wouldn't say 'awash' in fact they are very much a minority.. there's a lot of good lurcher people attending the shows and this one was a good, well run, enjoyable event.. :thumbs:

'There's a bad apple in every bunch'

Very true i suppose though i will just stick to hunting my dogs and leave the shows well alone shame because i have a young bitch that will make a brilliant show dog.atb dell

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I went along for the day, although started off pretty grim weather and had to pinch my lads jacket.. :icon_redface: the sun came out and was a very pleasant afternoon.

My Willow not on form and still bit lame on the bloody front foot :wallbash: a combination of that and a bad slipper she didn't stand a chance.... :laugh::whistling:

Simulated course was disappointing as they seemed to have a lot bigger area they could have used but perfect conditions and a good distance for straight racing. Congratulations to the well deserving winners :thumbs::toast:

All was not lost for me though as I had a surprising result with my 8month old pup.. winning his class then on to get Puppy Champion :toast:

As ususal it was good to meet up with some familiar faces and meet a couple of new... As for the Fracas.. it was something I only saw the tail end of...the fella got up off the floor .. had a dust down and looked fine.. I guess people don't get chinned for no reason. :hmm: In fact the fella was there who stole my dog a few months ago... I spotted him and istantly felt sick ! Wanted to rip his face off! When it comes to dogs and betrayal of trust it takes everything you have to walk away.... having said that, I think had I have chinned him I would be feeling a whole lot better today.. :laugh:

mooshka thats a very nice 8mth old pup well done for puppy champion as for the coursing it was shit lure to fast at times it was in the air like a kite lol regs steve
just wondered how someone managed to steal a dog at a show surely if you take your dogs to a show you keep them close at hand or somewhere safe ?? :blink:

Not stolen from shows but that's where the shitheads turn up..!! and it's not all about stealing from your kennel either.. if you allow someone to have your dog for training it or to help you out if you're moving house or on any temporary agreement be it personal or whatever... should this person then sell your dog, that is in my eyes... stealing !!!!!

indi on here had hers stolen from practically under her nose at a show.. the kid undid the lead and walked off with the dog.. :thumbdown:

My dogs are caged in and padlocked at shows.. I think there is now more awareness of dog thieving at shows and less of it happening.

We live and learn... ;)

k94v.. thanks.. was nice to meet you :) Willow has coursed a sharp one like that and just took the worst tumble :icon_eek: yeh, the kite flyin made me giggle... :laugh:

As for excuses Lurcherlad... is a hangover the best you can come up with for that hair-do.... :o

I went along for the day, although started off pretty grim weather and had to pinch my lads jacket.. :icon_redface: the sun came out and was a very pleasant afternoon.

My Willow not on form and still bit lame on the bloody front foot :wallbash: a combination of that and a bad slipper she didn't stand a chance.... :laugh::whistling:

Simulated course was disappointing as they seemed to have a lot bigger area they could have used but perfect conditions and a good distance for straight racing. Congratulations to the well deserving winners :thumbs::toast:

All was not lost for me though as I had a surprising result with my 8month old pup.. winning his class then on to get Puppy Champion :toast:

As ususal it was good to meet up with some familiar faces and meet a couple of new... As for the Fracas.. it was something I only saw the tail end of...the fella got up off the floor .. had a dust down and looked fine.. I guess people don't get chinned for no reason. :hmm: In fact the fella was there who stole my dog a few months ago... I spotted him and istantly felt sick ! Wanted to rip his face off! When it comes to dogs and betrayal of trust it takes everything you have to walk away.... having said that, I think had I have chinned him I would be feeling a whole lot better today.. :laugh:

trace---remember my words , that pup is going top be something special, even after getting on myhands and knees , begging you to sell, i'm glad in a way you did'nt, i'd have hated winning east of england finals in a couple of years , knowing full well, you made that dog what he is, all the very best for the future with him

-----den

remember if you still want to sell in the future , i'll have him

top day, i travelled down but nice to meet up with a few on here,what was all the trouble in the lurcher ring about,

:hmm: wat was it about ?

did you see it mate,1 bloody hit gary colefield went down like a bag of shit,apparantly about this site and all and dog stealing

spoke to GC earlier , he said he was hit on the sly while he was stood with his 11 year old son ...someone told him it was a great big fat bloke with a bald head. Not a bad shot though he laughed LOL

me and my wife have known Gary for over 20 years , he isnt on this Huntinglife site , so why would he be involved with this , also he has never stolen a dog ever ..there are a few members on here that will vouch for that including myself.

cheers for the reply,i dont know what it was about but saw a bald bloke walk up to gary,it had to be about dogs as he said you robbed my dog and sold it for big money,there was kids but they wernt with anyone he had a dog that run of when he fell to the floor,hopes hes ok but a lot of people laughin and sayin he deserved it as the bloke with the bald head walked away.

just had a call about gary, hes been rushed into hospital as he collapsed at home and is in intensive care seemingly in a bad way

apparantley police are looking for witnesses from todays incident at the East of England show ????

thats terrible news but didnt shaddow just say hes just spoke to him and he described a big fat bald bloke :whistling: and what was said to him an hr ago, now hes in itu :whistling:

its not a thing to joke about as isnt dog dealing stealing esp in todays touchy climate, i know garys nephew very well and he would of told me as i spoke to him 5 minutes ago and all he said was gary knows he was in the wrong

I have been asked by an organiser of the Lurcher Show to say something on this.

The incident was over very quickly, Gary was OUTSIDE THE RING,standing with a group which included a lady and several children ,which I took to be his family.

Gary had an armful of what looked like plates wrapped in paper in one hand ,and a dog on the lead in the other,he was talking to me,I was standing inside the ring stewarding.

Out of the corner of my eye,I saw a big fella coming up from the side ,and slightly behind of Gary,he was marching up very fast,I assumed he was a mate , that he was going to grab Gary and say hello as people often do.

As soon as he was close ,he threw ONE big punch that hit Gary in the side/back of the head.Gary did not see the punch coming and fell immediately,the ONLY, words the fella said were "do you remember me now c **t?"You know me now."

"Do you want any more"? Gary, raising himself up said "no".and the fella marched off.Gary got to his feet and dusted himself off and went to look for his dog which had got loose when he fell .

NO WORDS ABOUT DOG STEALING WERE EXCHANGED,NO PUNCHES WERE THROWN IN THE RING NO REASON FOR THE PUNCH WAS GIVEN , AND THE INCIDENT HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH THE LURCHER SHOW OR ANYBODY TAKING PART IN IT.

I DON'T KNOW THE FELLA WHO THREW THE ONLY PUNCH,AND HE DISAPPEARED STRAIGHT AWAY ,PRESUMABLY HE LEFT THE SHOW.

I have no idea why it happened, whether it was justified or not, it is NOT my business , it is just a pity that it should have happened where it did ,I would have thought a more suitable place could have been found to sort out whatever grievance there was.END OF.

The show itself went very well imo,,with a good class of dog being shown.I had the pleasure of judging the Supreme British Championship in conjunction with 5 other judges,although we obviously did not all pick out the eventual winner as our first choice ,none of us were very disparate in our marks ,the dogs were of the standard you would expect for such a prestigious show and the owners were very sporting during and after the competition.

A very well run competition ,,with the weather being kind ,it was nice to meet up with old friends and make some new ones, well worth the 5.30 am start .

Edited by inan

I wasnt at the show so only going by whats been posted IMHO a lads met up with someone who sold HIS dog without telling the owner :hmm: does that make him a dog thief? and the lads not done anything like a lot on here SAY they would do to anyone that stole their own dog.

What would you of done if you met a man that had parted with your dog for money without telling you?

Y.I.S Leeview

top day, i travelled down but nice to meet up with a few on here,what was all the trouble in the lurcher ring about,

did you see it mate,1 bloody hit gary colefield went down like a bag of shit,apparantly about this site and all and dog stealing

spoke to GC earlier , he said he was hit on the sly while he was stood with his 11 year old son ...someone told him it was a great big fat bloke with a bald head. Not a bad shot though he laughed LOL

me and my wife have known Gary for over 20 years , he isnt on this Huntinglife site , so why would he be involved with this , also he has never stolen a dog ever ..there are a few members on here that will vouch for that including myself.

cheers for the reply,i dont know what it was about but saw a bald bloke walk up to gary,it had to be about dogs as he said you robbed my dog and sold it for big money,there was kids but they wernt with anyone he had a dog that run of when he fell to the floor,hopes hes ok but a lot of people laughin and sayin he deserved it as the bloke with the bald head walked away.

just had a call about gary, hes been rushed into hospital as he collapsed at home and is in intensive care seemingly in a bad way

apparantley police are looking for witnesses from todays incident at the East of England show ????

thats terrible news but didnt shaddow just say hes just spoke to him and he described a big fat bald bloke :whistling: and what was said to him an hr ago, now hes in itu :whistling:

its not a thing to joke about as isnt dog dealing stealing esp in todays touchy climate, i know garys nephew very well and he would of told me as i spoke to him 5 minutes ago and all he said was gary knows he was in the wrong

The incident was over very quickly, Gary was OUTSIDE THE RING,standing with a group which included a lady and several children ,which I took to be his family.

Gary had an armful of what looked like plates wrapped in paper in one hand ,and a dog on the lead in the other,he was talking to me,I was standing inside the ring stewarding.

Out of the corner of my eye,I saw a big fella coming up from the side ,and slightly behind of Gary,he was marching up very fast,I assumed he was a mate , that he was going to grab Gary and say hello as people often do.

As soon as he was close ,he threw ONE big punch that hit Gary in the side/back of the head.Gary did not see the punch coming and fell immediately,the ONLY, words the fella said were "do you remember me now c **t?"You know me now."

"Do you want any more"? Gary, raising himself up said "no".and the fella marched off.Gary got to his feet and dusted himself off and went to look for his dog which had got loose when he fell .

NO WORDS ABOUT DOG STEALING WERE EXCHANGED,NO PUNCHES WERE THROWN IN THE RING NO REASON FOR THE PUNCH WAS GIVEN , AND THE INCIDENT HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH THE LURCHER SHOW OR ANYBODY TAKING PART IN IT.

I DON'T KNOW THE FELLA WHO THREW THE ONLY PUNCH,AND HE DISAPPEARED STRAIGHT AWAY ,PRESUMABLY HE LEFT THE SHOW.

I have no idea why it happened, whether it was justified or not, it is NOT my business , it is just a pity that it should have happened where it did ,I would have thought a more suitable place could have been found to sort out whatever grievance there was.END OF.

The show itself went very well imo,,with a good class of dog being shown.I had the pleasure of judging the Supreme British Championship in conjunction with 4 other judges,although we obviously did not all pick out the eventual winner as our first choice ,none of us were very disparate in our marks ,the dogs were of the standard you would expect for such a prestigious show and the the owners were very sporting during and after the competition.

A very well run competition ,,with the weather being kind ,it was nice to meet up with old friends and make some new ones, well worth the 5.30 am start .

i saw you talking to him and you are right in what you said,except the kids bit,they wernt directly with him,

Now i know what it was about i can tell you as all us coursing folk know the 2 in question..

the big fella was runin 3 dogs and things got a bit hard family and things and asked gary to run one on for a bit as at that time they where so called mates,well gary did the dog was showing good potential and he sold it behind the fellas back gaining £6700 for it,when the big fella went to see gary he went mad but he had his family with him so he did nothing and took his car,as part payment over the yrs words have exchanged money never been paid,So he saw gary at the show and went over to say hello :angry:

but gary still owes him and if he stayed in the same place it would of been dealt with yrs ago,

He is sorry it was there but hey if someone did that to you i suppose you would buy him an ice cream,

I said I took it they were Gary's family,I did not know,just assumed it .

I said I had no idea what it was over , or whether it was justified ,and that it was NOT my business .

I am in no position to make any judgements either way ,and haven't done so.

I just said it was a pity that it took place where it did.

I don't think your sarcastic bit about the" ice cream" was needed,I didnt take sides in this, its nothing to do with me.

I was asked to make a comment ,as the people running the show did not want stories of fights at the East Of England to get exaggerated and go the rounds.Ive done that and that is the extent of my involvement in it.

well my take on this is that the bloke sold goods not belonging to him and ended up having a slap for it , if you ask me he got off lightly if the story is true . and as for not wanting this to get out and give the show a bad name i think thats a little late and like everything else in a few weeks it will be old news so cant see it making any difference to the quality of the show itself :D

The show itself went very well imo,,with a good class of dog being shown.I had the pleasure of judging the Supreme British Championship in conjunction with 4 other judges,although we obviously did not all pick out the eventual winner as our first choice ,none of us were very disparate in our marks ,the dogs were of the standard you would expect for such a prestigious show and the the owners were very sporting during and after the competition.

i saw you talking to him and you are right in what you said,except the kids bit,they wernt directly with him,

Now i know what it was about i can tell you as all us coursing folk know the 2 in question..

the big fella was runin 3 dogs and things got a bit hard family and things and asked gary to run one on for a bit as at that time they where so called mates,well gary did the dog was showing good potential and he sold it behind the fellas back gaining £6700 for it,when the big fella went to see gary he went mad but he had his family with him so he did nothing and took his car,as part payment over the yrs words have exchanged money never been paid,So he saw gary at the show and went over to say hello :angry:

but gary still owes him and if he stayed in the same place it would of been dealt with yrs ago,

He is sorry it was there but hey if someone did that to you i suppose you would buy him an ice cream,

No excuses you don't do things like that in front of anyone's kids......................