East Of England Show-October 11th

i will be going, , i will have to set off a day early the way the car is going atm, might take a couple of dogs, its a long way for me, ,

A long way..... pah ! You'll sleep all the way ... :laugh:

I am looking forward to it but not sure Willow is gonna race... :( will see how she is..

Weather check... http://www.metcheck.com/V40/UK/FREE/7days....de=peterborough

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i will be going, , i will have to set off a day early the way the car is going atm, might take a couple of dogs, its a long way for me, ,

I am looking forward to it but not sure Willow is gonna race... :( will see how she is..

hope willow is ok?

:laugh: , , its 80mile from me ! thats about half a day journey for us in the car, , not sure am taking dogs now, stafford is ill, so is bull russel, , :hmm: and bull pup has a bad foot from lamping the other night, , :wallbash: , , whats wrong with willow ?

See you online... isn't it time you set off..? :laugh:

top day, i travelled down but nice to meet up with a few on here,what was all the trouble in the lurcher ring about,

:hmm: wat was it about ?

did you see it mate,1 bloody hit gary colefield went down like a bag of shit,apparantly about this site and all and dog stealing

spoke to GC earlier , he said he was hit on the sly while he was stood with his 11 year old son ...someone told him it was a great big fat bloke with a bald head. Not a bad shot though he laughed LOL

me and my wife have known Gary for over 20 years , he isnt on this Huntinglife site , so why would he be involved with this , also he has never stolen a dog ever ..there are a few members on here that will vouch for that including myself.

top day, i travelled down but nice to meet up with a few on here,what was all the trouble in the lurcher ring about,

did you see it mate,1 bloody hit gary colefield went down like a bag of shit,apparantly about this site and all and dog stealing

spoke to GC earlier , he said he was hit on the sly while he was stood with his 11 year old son ...someone told him it was a great big fat bloke with a bald head. Not a bad shot though he laughed LOL

me and my wife have known Gary for over 20 years , he isnt on this Huntinglife site , so why would he be involved with this , also he has never stolen a dog ever ..there are a few members on here that will vouch for that including myself.

cheers for the reply,i dont know what it was about but saw a bald bloke walk up to gary,it had to be about dogs as he said you robbed my dog and sold it for big money,there was kids but they wernt with anyone he had a dog that run of when he fell to the floor,hopes hes ok but a lot of people laughin and sayin he deserved it as the bloke with the bald head walked away.

just had a call about gary, hes been rushed into hospital as he collapsed at home and is in intensive care seemingly in a bad way

apparantley police are looking for witnesses from todays incident at the East of England show ????

cheers for the reply,i dont know what it was about but saw a bald bloke walk up to gary,it had to be about dogs as he said you robbed my dog and sold it for big money,there was kids but they wernt with anyone he had a dog that run of when he fell to the floor,hopes hes ok but a lot of people laughin and sayin he deserved it as the bloke with the bald head walked away.

just had a call about gary, hes been rushed into hospital as he collapsed at home and is in intensive care seemingly in a bad way

apparantley police are looking for witnesses from todays incident at the East of England show ????

thats terrible news but didnt shaddow just say hes just spoke to him and he described a big fat bald bloke :whistling: and what was said to him an hr ago, now hes in itu :whistling:

its not a thing to joke about as isnt dog dealing stealing esp in todays touchy climate, i know garys nephew very well and he would of told me as i spoke to him 5 minutes ago and all he said was gary knows he was in the wrong

wasnt joking around at all , dnt really care what shaddow says or anyone else.....someone rang me and told me about him being hospital

im too old to joke around im due a granchild in November so im not the type for schoolyard pranks

I didn't make the show on Sunday but was at Peterborough running in the coursing fundraiser stakes on the Saturday, and had been talking to someone there about how a few years back there was often trouble around lurcher rings at shows (not this show in particular, just shows in general) and how some of the shows down here would have "security" in, just in case... but lately things seemed to have calmed down... and then something kicks off the very next day. Weird.

I went along for the day, although started off pretty grim weather and had to pinch my lads jacket.. :icon_redface: the sun came out and was a very pleasant afternoon.

My Willow not on form and still bit lame on the bloody front foot :wallbash: a combination of that and a bad slipper she didn't stand a chance.... :laugh::whistling:

Simulated course was disappointing as they seemed to have a lot bigger area they could have used but perfect conditions and a good distance for straight racing. Congratulations to the well deserving winners :thumbs::toast:

All was not lost for me though as I had a surprising result with my 8month old pup.. winning his class then on to get Puppy Champion :toast:

As ususal it was good to meet up with some familiar faces and meet a couple of new... As for the Fracas.. it was something I only saw the tail end of...the fella got up off the floor .. had a dust down and looked fine.. I guess people don't get chinned for no reason. :hmm: In fact the fella was there who stole my dog a few months ago... I spotted him and istantly felt sick ! Wanted to rip his face off! When it comes to dogs and betrayal of trust it takes everything you have to walk away.... having said that, I think had I have chinned him I would be feeling a whole lot better today.. :laugh:

From wat i have read on here these shows seem awash with dog theives all the more reason i dont go to them anymore :wallbash::angry:

I wouldn't say 'awash' in fact they are very much a minority.. there's a lot of good lurcher people attending the shows and this one was a good, well run, enjoyable event.. :thumbs:

'There's a bad apple in every bunch'

From wat i have read on here these shows seem awash with dog theives all the more reason i dont go to them anymore :wallbash::angry:

I wouldn't say 'awash' in fact they are very much a minority.. there's a lot of good lurcher people attending the shows and this one was a good, well run, enjoyable event.. :thumbs:

'There's a bad apple in every bunch'

Very much so.

It has a great atmosphere and great camaraderie even through the tough competition.

Thoroughly enjoyed it.