What you've never seen

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good thread Moll :)

Funny but one of my favourite birds that always makes me think of summer is the Skylark, i love their song but come to think of it ive never actually seen the bird!

Adders are reasonably easy to see down here in Cornwall and i spotted a lizard a couple of years ago too.

This is going to sound ridiculous but ive never actually seen a hare :icon_redface: there is only about 2 of the buggers in Cornwall and im afraid going to Devon is like going abroad to me!

Quite a few deer down here though :ph34r:

Guest oldskool

shaman they really are cool to watch. i was watching our set on the farm whilst the cubs were growin up. and there was a litter of fox cubs about 20yards on up the lane. slapstick comedy at its best :)

Guest Gregg Barrow

Molly,

I wish we shared the same challenge.

This fella was sitting on the front step of the kennel when I was locking up the other evening, and his relatives drop in unexpected on a regular basis. I try to leave them alone, after all, they were here first. Rule is, one dog bitten, one of you has to go.

Only two this summer, but I did kill a Coral Snake that the kennel help was screaming about.

Sorry about the quality of the photo, we are saving for a Canon.

Guest Gregg Barrow

Well, I don’t know what I hit, but it posted before I could finish. The two things that we have in abundance but I find impossible to get close enough to for a picture are, bobcats and coyotes.

I’ve caught a glimpse of the back side of several, but that’s as close as you get without a dog.

Here’s the copperhead.

Guest The Shaman

See practically every thing bar a live badger, seen em on telly, seen em dead by the road but never seen one in the wild.

You cant go lamping down here with out falling over one of the sods mate :rolleyes:

It's strange mate, practically falling over hares n rabbits but no badgers.

See practically every thing bar a live badger, seen em on telly, seen em dead by the road but never seen one in the wild.

snap mate ive never seen a live badger either few dead ens though...saying that up till about 3 years ago you didnt see a fox down my way now i cant go out lamping without seeing a couple ...called one in lastnight just wish i had my back up with me :ph34r:

Countryman, loads of skylarks and loads of hares...TOO many :blink:

Ive visited places where ive heard cookoos, see different wild flowers/weeds....that ive never heard or seen here, sometimes you wouldnt think you were in the same country.

MOLL.

WELL MOLL ,

AS A KID ABOUT 9 I SWOPPED A CLUTCH OF OWL EGGS FOR A GRASS SNAKE AND AN AQARIUM

NOT ONE OF MY BETTER IDEAS :icon_redface:

THE BLOODY THING WAS AN ESCAPE ARTIST AND WAS ALWAYS GETTING OUT ...EVEN WHEN I WEIGHTED THE LID DOWN WITH A HOUSE BRICK ....... IT USED TO CURL UP AND BITE LIKE HELL WHEN YOU GOT TOO CLOSE , ONLY ONE IT DIDNT BITE WAS ME OLD MA :blink: ......... SHE WOULD WALK AROUND WITH THE THING AND USE IT TO GET US UP EARLY :o ......... AND IT WORKED :icon_eek: WHEN DROPPED IN YER BED

IT CAME TO A STICKY END WITH MY FIRST TERRIER :D

ALL THE BEST DUCKWING ;)

Ive always wanted to see grass snakes, probably because i always wanted to catch one and keep it :)

Not many deer round here and no badgers but ive watched them in the lakes, kingfishers follow me when im walking my dogs and i had one sat 2 ft away from me last year whilst waiting for ducks to come in. Got buzzards and little, barn and tawny owls, peregrines, spars all of which ive seen and apparently we get marsh harriers but ive only seen a glimpse of one from a distance. Loads of hares and wildfowl and stuff like snipe, woodcock etc. and thats all within a half hour walk from my house. There is probably loads of stuff ive forgot but i'd love to go somewhere else like down south or the north east where all the bunnies are.

Always wanted to watch Otters too. They used to be round here though apparently???

Gnipper

Guest moomin300uk

I wanna see these big CATS do people really think they are kicking about?? (in the uk i mean) There have been sightings all over England tho no one has evidence any one had a sighting?? :ph34r: