Finally, A Gun shop with Customer Service

Hi Folks,

I thought I'd give you a little insight into a positive experience I had today. In a gun shop of all places! :laugh:

Perhaps this is especially relevant for shooters in South Wales, but I walked into the store in Kenfig Hill today after hearing positive reports about the place and it was customer service at heart right from the word go. The owner's wife was making tea and offered everyone in the room one as well. Good Start :)

The shop was well stocked with Guns and Ammunition, a good amount of clothes there, though I'm told the range is about to increase.

I had a long chat with the owner, who I'm sure I have met on a previous occasion clay shooting, he is a really decent guy and will do anything to help. I wanted some non-toxic shells but he didn't have them at the time, but I've been told to call in seven days and they should be there. He took my phone number to let me know if they were in ;)

I am also on the look out for a particular style and make of gun and he said he will keep a look out and said he would also let me know if he came across one.

All in all, a very good experience, so if you happen to be in South Wales either resident or passing by, well worth popping in for a chat :thumbs:

Shop is at;

No.18 Moriah Place,

Kenfig Hill,

Birgdend,

CF336DW

Owner is Phil Ash, can be contacted on 01656 743800

SS :thumbs:

Just down the road from me i only noticed it the other day as i was passing after coming off motoway to get deisel in Pyle. Do they sell airguns or any ferreting or dog stuff? We used to use Keens but since they are so ignorant in there we don't go there anymore we've been going to Neath gun shop which i have to say are very good. It would be nice to have a choice of shops to go to especially if they are helpfull. I don't mind parting with money if their good people. I'll try and pop in there over the weekend. All the best, Kristian.

I shop on a regular basis there as its on my doorstep and is a better service than the "robbers up the road". I just bought a new tikka t3 lite along with various other bits and bobs from phil & tina, brilliant service with a smile & a very nice brew to boot!!

hi sheepworrier been past there a few time,s never thought about calling in. have they got a good selection of 223 ammo at a good price . the only place that i buy my ammo from is Keens .

atb W.D

I shop on a regular basis there as its on my doorstep and is a better service than the "robbers up the road". I just bought a new tikka t3 lite along with various other bits and bobs from phil & tina, brilliant service with a smile & a very nice brew to boot!!

hi sheepworrier been past there a few time,s never thought about calling in. have they got a good selection of 223 ammo at a good price . the only place that i buy my ammo from is Keens .

atb W.D

I did see some .223 there yesterday, but only odd boxes that were out for customers. I'm sure he will have more and a few different brands :thumbs:

I was in Keens a few months ago and they were walking past me as if i was invisible i thought ok maybe they are busy then a guy walked in with a suit on and they were over him like a rash :angry: while i was still waiting to be served! then whilst i was there a guy come in for a BSA Ultra when he asked could he have a look at one the reply from the guy behind the counter was "well are you going to buy it or am i just getting it for you to look at". Me and my mate just looked at each other and left. Theres a fishing shop next door and my mate does a lot of fishing and he said they're exactly the same in there :o it's a good shop in regards to the amount of stock but i know a lot of people who've stopped going there due to their attitudes.

Just down the road from me i only noticed it the other day as i was passing after coming off motoway to get deisel in Pyle. Do they sell airguns or any ferreting or dog stuff? We used to use Keens but since they are so ignorant in there we don't go there anymore we've been going to Neath gun shop which i have to say are very good. It would be nice to have a choice of shops to go to especially if they are helpfull. I don't mind parting with money if their good people. I'll try and pop in there over the weekend. All the best, Kristian.

Got to agree with you there mate about Neath Gun Shop, a a very good shop and Dai Moses ( assuming he's still alive and running it, its been a while ) is a genuine guy,

We always have a day-after-boxing-day clay shoot and last year I called in Keens to pick up two boxes of clays. £11.50 a box. Later that day I call over to the shop on Kenfig hill, he quoted £21 for THREE boxes. He has an excellent range of centre fire ammo, made by Remington I think, but branded under a different name? Cheap as chips and good ammo too.

Shotgun cartridges, he will sell at a discounted rate, no matter how many you buy.

He really is a top man and his Mrs is great as well. She spend half an hour trawling through catalogues looking for a specific part I needed, which cost £2. I have heard that Keens allegedly have tried to put him out of business by contacting main suppliers and refusing to buy if they supplied him. Keens suck in my opinion, well over priced with little or no customer service at all.

John

Edited by HUnter_zero

something as simple as a tin of pellets is £1.50 cheaper in Neath than Keens :icon_eek: , yes it is still Dai that has it. I'm gonna try the one in Kenfig though as it's closer to home :victory: . I've also found out that noone in keens actually shoots/hunts :icon_eek: .