Wild Flower Identification Requests

Guest Ditch_Shitter

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Ditch_Shitter

Ossie; I've now - quite by chance, actually - confirmed it's most definately Not Bog Bean. I found that out whilst viewing another forum entirely where someone well up displayed just that plant. I've also rediscovered my favoured Irish Plants ID site and shall, given a moment and thinking of it, go there and check the reddish / smock plant out.

Mheanwhile, here's a bit of fun for us; I came across this one, not yet opened. There's a bloody challenge, eh? I checked it against my own WoundWort and it's not that. Bugger is, I don't remember exactly where I found it and so may never stumble across it again! :laugh: If not, we may never know!

For now though, and just for fun:

Any Guesses?

Plant.jpg

So; Now what does the panal think? :hmm:

i still think it's ladys smock. anyone willing to challenge me on that?

Aye its cuckoo flower didnt realise it was called ladys smock as well but we call it cuckoo flower as it times its appearance with the arrival of the cuckoo loads on our marsh in both colours

Ossie; I've now - quite by chance, actually - confirmed it's most definately Not Bog Bean. I found that out whilst viewing another forum entirely where someone well up displayed just that plant. I've also rediscovered my favoured Irish Plants ID site and shall, given a moment and thinking of it, go there and check the reddish / smock plant out.

Mheanwhile, here's a bit of fun for us; I came across this one, not yet opened. There's a bloody challenge, eh? I checked it against my own WoundWort and it's not that. Bugger is, I don't remember exactly where I found it and so may never stumble across it again! :laugh: If not, we may never know!

For now though, and just for fun:

Any Guesses?

Plant.jpg

Now then Ditch id say that was a young Bugle :hmm:

Guest Ditch_Shitter
:hmm: Know what, mate; I reckon ye may well be not far wrong there either! Let's wait and see if I happen across it again presently and we'll have another look.
Guest Ditch_Shitter

:D Don't know quite what prompted that one, Jooks. Tell ye what though, I too have pretty well combed Maybe's book in the hope of something to eat. Hazel nuts? Sure. If the time's right and ye can find them before the tree rats! Anyway, that was in the days when I had teeth! :laugh:

Quite frankly, I'd be happier with Ray Mears than Richard Maybe. See how Mears goes after 'Thistle Nuts' and digs up Burdock roots which he ~ and often as not an uninitiated guest companion ~ can then sit and happily munch away on?

Maybe I'm at a disadvantage, with Maybe, because I can't eat 'salad'. Dandelion leaves just ain't me! But then, like Ray, I can (and have done) produce a rabbit wire from waste land and catch meat! ;)

Aye ditch as kids we would make snares from wire off the pit tip or just dig the bunnys out by hand time to spare when your young eh.

Ray mears is o.k till he starts cooking ive lived off campfires all my life but to watch him cook :blink:

i thought i was a bit of an animmal but there you go.

Anyroad back to the plants gonna have to get a camera together and start to add my twopenneth plants that your supposed to be able to eat :cry:

Edited by juckler123
Guest Ditch_Shitter
Anyroad back to the plants gonna have to get a camera together and start to add my twopenneth plants that your supposed to be able to eat :cry:

DINK! :icon_eek: And, the split second I read that, the idea formed! Brilliant! Expect a PM! :good:

• 2 weeks later...