permission pain...

Ok, i've got a freakin' sweet air rifle, loads of time, loads of enthusiasm. I'm not a chav, i'm not an idiot, i'm not reckless. I'm fairly presentable, i speak the queens English and i'm offering a free service to farmers. This is nothing new, but today i drove round 11 farms and called 27, was polite and respectful, so now i'm :censored: off!!!!!! WTF!!!!!!!!! :censored:

I know no one who's got permission gives a :censored: But writing this is just a form of therapy i guess!

so dump your :censored: here...

Ahhhhhh..... much better :yes:

Same for every one mate, you just have to keep at it, the problem is the idiots that were given the permission before you who pissed the landowners off, and now make it difficult for every one else, its hard for anyone else to get a foot in the door, the only advise I can give you is try even harder ;)

Same for every one mate, you just have to keep at it, the problem is the idiots that were given the permission before you who pissed the landowners off, and now make it difficult for every one else, its hard for anyone else to get a foot in the door, the only advise I can give you is try even harder ;)

:hmm: Think :wallbash: Think :wallbash: Think :wallbash:

hi buddy

have you sent any lettrs out? also its just not farmers.

try these places

horse paddocks,

hotels,

football grounds,

rugby grounds,

industrial estates,

business parks,

golf courses,

cemeteries,

manor houses,

country clubs,

riding shcools,

ect..ect.........

get some of grimreapers letters of permission and edit to suit then post to all above in your area, and bingo! i have had good results with them.

if all else fails then check out the shared permission on here.if that still fails then get back to me,and i will see if i can sort out a visit.

hope this helps!

regards

davy

hi buddy

have you sent any lettrs out? also its just not farmers.

try these places

horse paddocks,

hotels,

football grounds,

rugby grounds,

industrial estates,

business parks,

golf courses,

cemeteries,

manor houses,

country clubs,

riding shcools,

ect..ect.........

get some of grimreapers letters of permission and edit to suit then post to all above in your area, and bingo! i have had good results with them.

if all else fails then check out the shared permission on here.if that still fails then get back to me,and i will see if i can sort out a visit.

hope this helps!

regards

davy

Davey :notworthy: That's awesome mate. Loads of help!

Cheers!

Tris

Hi Tris,

Like I said earlier to you, be prepared to wait as well. Some will say yes outright, others may take a long time before they take you up on your offer.

Phantom

Hi Tony,

Cheers! Yeah, i was just a bit down earlier. I took a day off work to get proactive and push hard. Judging by how annoyed i got, i guess it's evidence that i was expecting to get something today - foolishly. I'm alright now, mainly thanks to this letter template of the Grimreaper that Davy kindly referred me too. It's given me another avenue work at it from. Just got to get all the address's sorted now, which will be time consuming, but I'm certain will be worth it :)

Same here mate, we have on farm around us that is basically all that is here thats shootable and is covered in nearly all shootable game and some prick started to shoot his sheep and now he doesent let anyone on there not even ferreting.

Richard

That sucks. What an idiot! People like that :censored: me off big time. Yeah, a couple of Farmers i spoke to today MUST of had bad experiences in the past because their response was automatic and quite hostile! I could tell when i said the words 'shoot on your land' bad memories were resurfacing! It felt like i was being punished for it! I don't blame them one bit though - i'd be the same!

I don't know if you have ferrets mate but my plan of action is to ask for permission for ferreting instead of shooting then if granted get to know the "client" let them see you are trustworthy then bring it up in conversation on one of your visits.

I'm yet to put it into practice but it can't hurt, just means a bit of a longer wait than asking straight out to use a gun

good luck all the same

Darryl

I don't know if you have ferrets mate but my plan of action is to ask for permission for ferreting instead of shooting then if granted get to know the "client" let them see you are trustworthy then bring it up in conversation on one of your visits.

I'm yet to put it into practice but it can't hurt, just means a bit of a longer wait than asking straight out to use a gun

good luck all the same

Darryl

I nothing about Ferreting my friend! Looks good fun though! And yeah, that is a good idea! Try and get in under the radar!

can somebody post a link to this letter of permission please...

Firstly, here is the shooting permission letter:

26th January 2008 (for illustration)

RE: Pest/vermin control

Dear Sir or Madam:

First of all, I would like to take this chance to thank you for taking the time to read my letter. I am writing to enquire whether there is any opportunity for pest control on your land free of charge.

My name is XXXXX XXXXX; I am XX years old, married with two children and live in XXXXXXX, Kent. I have been shooting for XX years now and enjoy the hobby very much, along with the added bonus of helping the farmer/land owner by controlling pests such as rooks, crows, rabbits, rats and squirrels.

With this in mind, I feel that I can be of assistance to you, should you offer me offer me permission to shoot for pests on your land. If you grant me permission to shoot on your land, I would respectfully ask that it be in written form please – please can you fill in and return the attached permission form. I enclose a stamped, addressed envelope for this purpose

All livestock, property, borders and boundaries will be respected. I can also be your “eyes and ears†when I am on your land - I can keep a watch for any fly tipping of rubbish or people trespassing on your land and inform you directly of any occurrences. I have a serious outlook and respect when using air rifles and I believe the following points illustrate this well -

· I NEVER take chances when shooting – safety of others and myself is

always of the utmost importance to me, which is why I will undertake to

arrange with you in advance when and where I can shoot.

· I ALWAYS respect the wishes of the landowner and obey any rules or

restrictions he/she may lay down.

·I am a current full member of the B.A.S.C. or B.A.S.A and

always carry my membership I.D. card and proof of shooting insurance with

me whenever I go out on a shoot. I can produce it to you if required.

Please do not hesitate to contact me on my mobile telephone: XXXXX XXX XXX if you require any more information. Once again, many thanks.

Yours sincerely,

Your Name here.

Your address here.

And now for the "grant of permission" form:

Grant of permission to shoot

for pest & vermin control

On private land

This is to confirm that:

Your name, (of)

Your address

Has, in the written form of this notice, hereby signed and authorised by me, been granted permission to shoot for pest and vermin on land situated at:

Using: *Shotgun / *Air Rifle / *Rim fire rifle / *Centre fire rifle

By myself:

Mr/ Mrs___________________, (of)

Being the rightful and legal *owner/*agent/*tenant of the above-mentioned land.

I am satisfied for this permission to:

( A ) *Last until revoked by me.

Or

( B ) *Expire on:

I understand that Mr XXXXXXXX, when on my land, will adhere to any rules or restrictions given by me, the landowner mentioned above. I do hereby *authorise / * do not authorise Mr XXXXXXXX to have one person accompany him as a 'guest' when upon my land. It is to be understood that (if granted by myself) a guest is bound by the same rules as the permission holder named above

Signed:

Dated:

*Delete as appropriate

© Originally authored by, and the exclusive work of: T J Davis

I hope these may be as useful to you guys/gals as they have been for me!

All the best,

Grim

This post has been edited by Grim Reaper: May 26 2008, 06:48 PM

stick at it, do a good job, ALWAYS offer the land owner the quarry ( its the done thing) and always buy a bottle at christmas.

i have done this over many years and now have over a 1000 acres of permission(all from word of mouth, from the original)............it pays off in the end !!!!!!

cheers

sean

stick at it, do a good job, ALWAYS offer the land owner the quarry ( its the done thing) and always buy a bottle at christmas.

i have done this over many years and now have over a 1000 acres of permission(all from word of mouth, from the original)............it pays off in the end !!!!!!

cheers

sean

T.H.L meet next time on your 1000 acres,then sean :whistling::thumbs: