• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Came across this old pen with gibbet, thought I'd stepped back in time ( or gone to Norfolk!!! ;) ). Smart old carriage/shed in middle.

I like to see them,shows the mans doing is job, it used to amaze me how many stoats and weasels were strung up ,my grandpa had cats on his ,there would be uproar if you done that today.

No real need for him to shoot the jays though is there! Well unless he is an avid fan of eating acorns! Some people need to think before shooting some corvids :angry:

:thumbdown:

read a book you eejjit, do you really think jays only eat acorns? they raid nets and eat the eggs. game birds and song birds alike. some poeple need to think before they post about corvids :angry:

Edited by Bobba_fett
No real need for him to shoot the jays though is there! Well unless he is an avid fan of eating acorns! Some people need to think before shooting some corvids :angry:

Love to see the odd one myself but out my way large mobs can and do do damage to songbirds eggs. I have witnessed this first hand myself.

As a child my mother had a pet one that was allowed to fly free but came to feed and be petted by her.

I like this, hats off to the guy.... I used to hang all my vermin like this, but not anymore, all into sunken pits now for snaring foxes round.... :) My grandad used to have scores of BOP's on his too... back in the day like.

Too many keepers having an easy time of it these days with the vermin control, especially the low ground lads that buy in poults.... some of em seem to have a big holiday from feb till july like, its a disgrace to the proffesion.

Thanks for sharing mate atb DnN

Edited by dogs-n-natives

I used to rat this farm tip years ago near swindon/marlbrough and used to hang all the rats i caught up like that and when the farmer caught me one day he was well pleased with my efforts and gave me permision to carry on,before anyone says should have asked first i said this to him and he told me he would have said feck off lol.Grand pics there and used to love seeing them when i was a kid,still do as it goes and nout wrong with tradition.

I used to rat this farm tip years ago near swindon/marlbrough and used to hang all the rats i caught up like that and when the farmer caught me one day he was well pleased with my efforts and gave me permision to carry on,before anyone says should have asked first i said this to him and he told me he would have said feck off lol.Grand pics there and used to love seeing them when i was a kid,still do as it goes and nout wrong with tradition.

Think I was born a couple of generations too late cos I love the traditional stuff that's all but died away. People had manners and values in those bygone days. Loved the photos you put up of old machinery. As I said before I shall get myself a camera so's not to rely on my knackered phone's camera cos I'm enjoying posting on here. Just a caring sharing old fashion bumpkin me. :D