Young Hunters Competition

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#16 Guest_traceyg_*

Guest_traceyg_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 September 2009 - 06:42 pm

Thanks for taking time guys :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: Wish i had a prize for you all this is going to be tricky :wallbash:

#17 aaronpigeonplucker

aaronpigeonplucker

Extreme Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,656 posts

Posted 25 September 2009 - 06:45 pm

here goes nothing (this was on a old permission i don't have any more):

i came out to the paddocks at about 5.00pm and had a good look around. it was a warm evening and i was getting cosy in a gap in the hedge about 30 yrds away from where i expected rabits to pop out of the hedge for the evening. 20 minutes passed and nothing had shown itself yet and as i looked up the hedge i spotted a rabbits head peeking out of the hedge about 50 yrds away. it was way out of my range so i waited to see if it would come closer. slowly other rabbits began to appear munching there way through the grass and i was a nice evening so i waited for quite a while just watching them as they got closer and closer. there were many kits among them as it was spring. i try to only go for the buck rabbits in spring to avoid getting pregnant females. i heard a slight russling behind me and immeadietly i thought that a rabbit had been behind me really close all this time. then, to my suprise, no more than 6 or 7 yrds away from me a fox passed silently by. i froze watching it stalk up to the rabbits. the older ones bolted but a few of the younger, stupider kits stayed. silently this vixen crept up behind a kit and pounced on it, immeadietly getting its neck between its jaws. i was amazed this had all happened about 20 ydrs away from me. then i to my amazment, 3 fox cubs came out of a gap in the hedge up to mum. i watched them eat and play for 15 minutes, all the time without me moving a muscle. and then they slunk away into the hedge i got up and pinched myself in case i was dreaming. nature is beautiful.

#18 Wanna be farmer

Wanna be farmer

Extreme Hunter

• Members
  • 820 posts

Posted 26 September 2009 - 01:49 pm

here goes nothing (this was on a old permission i don't have any more):

i came out to the paddocks at about 5.00pm and had a good look around. it was a warm evening and i was getting cosy in a gap in the hedge about 30 yrds away from where i expected rabits to pop out of the hedge for the evening. 20 minutes passed and nothing had shown itself yet and as i looked up the hedge i spotted a rabbits head peeking out of the hedge about 50 yrds away. it was way out of my range so i waited to see if it would come closer. slowly other rabbits began to appear munching there way through the grass and i was a nice evening so i waited for quite a while just watching them as they got closer and closer. there were many kits among them as it was spring. i try to only go for the buck rabbits in spring to avoid getting pregnant females. i heard a slight russling behind me and immeadietly i thought that a rabbit had been behind me really close all this time. then, to my suprise, no more than 6 or 7 yrds away from me a fox passed silently by. i froze watching it stalk up to the rabbits. the older ones bolted but a few of the younger, stupider kits stayed. silently this vixen crept up behind a kit and pounced on it, immeadietly getting its neck between its jaws. i was amazed this had all happened about 20 ydrs away from me. then i to my amazment, 3 fox cubs came out of a gap in the hedge up to mum. i watched them eat and play for 15 minutes, all the time without me moving a muscle. and then they slunk away into the hedge i got up and pinched myself in case i was dreaming. nature is beautiful.

I have had the same sort of thing happen to me before but it was with 2 stotes, i still wish now that i had a camera on me.

#19 Guest_traceyg_*

Guest_traceyg_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 September 2009 - 07:14 pm

Just 3 days left if any more young hunters wants to post ;)

#20 mooshka

mooshka

Mega Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 448 posts

Posted 29 September 2009 - 11:34 am

I've enjoyed these.... :thumbs:

#21 ALAN TANNOCK

ALAN TANNOCK

Mega Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 445 posts

Posted 29 September 2009 - 06:15 pm

A Just Want To Know Who Wins :o:o

#22 ALAN TANNOCK

ALAN TANNOCK

Mega Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 445 posts

Posted 29 September 2009 - 06:19 pm

Can WE Not Find Out Tonite :o

#23 Guest_traceyg_*

Guest_traceyg_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 September 2009 - 08:10 pm

No still time for more entry's not over till tomorrow :big_boss:

#24 ALAN TANNOCK

ALAN TANNOCK

Mega Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 445 posts

Posted 30 September 2009 - 08:43 am

Yasssss Today Is The Day :good:

A Took A Sicky Today To See Who Won :o:)

#25 jimmy0211

jimmy0211

Extreme Hunter

• Members
  • 821 posts

Posted 30 September 2009 - 03:50 pm

Yasssss Today Is The Day http://www.thehuntinglife.com/forums/pub...

A Took A Sicky Today To See Who Won http://www.thehuntinglife.com/forums/pub...http://www.thehuntinglife.com/forums/pub...

thats sad lol

#26 ALAN TANNOCK

ALAN TANNOCK

Mega Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 445 posts

Posted 30 September 2009 - 03:57 pm

Not Really It WAs To Wet To Go Out To Work Anyway :L:L

#27 youngferreter09

youngferreter09

Born Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 30 September 2009 - 05:10 pm

do we know whos won yet

#28 Guest_traceyg_*

Guest_traceyg_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 September 2009 - 05:21 pm

Sorry guys this is a hard decision will be a bit later still deciding but i must say i wish i had a prize for them all :( :( :( :(

#29 Guest_boysfaetheblackstuff_*

Guest_boysfaetheblackstuff_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 September 2009 - 06:13 pm

good good :clapper: come on tracey :toast:

#30 john b

john b

Extreme Hunter

• Members
  • 1,989 posts

Posted 30 September 2009 - 06:22 pm

Well I have been impressed with the entries - some definite style and passion in some of these stories.

The judges are now deliberating and a winner will be announced shortly............

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users